• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fry's Labs, anyone?

Aerose91

I know igenix is the gold standard but I hear a lot about Fry's being the best for Bartonella specifically where IgeniX could miss it. I know Dr Klinghardt uses it. Has anyone else had to go that route?

Martial

A lot of people use them for PCR smear, I remember you mentioning already having positive and cross reactive strains from other labs. That along with a clinical presentation would be enough to diagnose and treat you in an L.L.M.D.'s eyes. I wouldn't bother dishing out the money on any other tests, just worthwhile getting on some form of treatment.

Aerose91

My doctor is shaky on it. I had 2 bands of igG show up and he said u need at least 5 to be deemed positive so I'm still getting both sides of the fence. My stricter test that I did (stonybrook) came back negative so he considers that, too. I'm wondering if I should just eat the $ and get the tests done once and for all

Gingergrrl

My doctor is shaky on it. I had 2 bands of igG show up and he said u need at least 5 to be deemed positive so I'm still getting both sides of the fence. My stricter test that I did (stonybrook) came back negative so he considers that, too. I'm wondering if I should just eat the $ and get the tests done once and for all

I know very little about this topic but if you can afford to do the test (both physically and financially) and the results would give you or your doctor peace of mind, then I think it is worth it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I know very little about this topic but if you can afford to do the test (both physically and financially) and the results would give you or your doctor peace of mind, then I think it is worth it.

Or, it can just raise more questions. My Igenex results were equivocal and I needed further tests. Finally got a positive by PCR, which is hard to dispute.

Sushi

Gingergrrl

Or, it can just raise more questions. My Igenex results were equivocal and I needed further tests. Finally got a positive by PCR, which is hard to dispute.

Sorry, I didn't realize that and know very little about this topic. I was thinking if there was a legitimate test that is considered the "Gold standard" of current testing, then it could be worth it for peace of mind? Unless it was physically dangerous or too expensive.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I was thinking if there was a legitimate test that is considered the "Gold standard" of current testing, then it could be worth it for peace of mind?
PCR would probably be the gold standard in that a positive is definitely a positive (they find the DNA), but....it is very hard to find these infections in the blood as they are primarily intracellular, so a negative PCR means only that they didn't find it in the sample they had to work with. It doesn't tell you that you don't have it.

Sushi

Aerose91

I feel like a tissue biopsy would be the most fail-proof. I'd rather a brain biopsy be my last resort, though.