• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Enzyme Experts?

ahmo

I've just begun a Candida protocol including proteolytic enzymes to break down biofilms. It now seems that already, Day 1, Week 2, the first day of introducing the enzymes, I've made a basic mistake. Among my cost-cutting choices, I picked the Dr's Best combo, ingredients listed below.

But now that I've reviewed the formula created and sold by the person whose protocol I've adapted, I seem to have left out a critical ingredient. My question to anyone who knows a bit about enzymes is whether my error will sabotage my whole effort.

His product:
BioFase enzymes for yeast is very similar to all the above four enzyme formulas. It contains cellulase and hemicellase to eat the plant component in the biofilm and yeast cell. Glucoamylase, amylase and invertase to eat the polysaccharides in the biofilm...http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/enzymesforyeast.html

My choice does not contain cellulase or hemicellase. Does this mean I've lost before I've started, because the cell walls are not going to be broken down to let the other ingredients do their work??:bang-head:

I've read enough about proteolytic enzymes and serratiopeptidase to feel that I'm still doing something positive for my body, but will any of the ingredients below, eg the starch eaters bromelain, papain permeate the cell wall?? Thanks for your help.

Bromelain 576 GDU †
Papain 10,077,000 PU †
Amylase 36,000 DU †
Lipase 405 FCC FIP †
Neutral protease 738 NU †
Fungal protease 4.0 34,800 HUT †
Bacterial protease 65,250 HUT †
Rutin 30 mg †
Serratiopeptidase 120,000 SPU †

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.drbvitamins.com/products/best_proteolytic_enzymes_90vc/

Martial

You have everything you need there I love Enzymes! It is not only beneficial for optimal blood flow but also tissue healing and regeneration, and the obvious cyst/bio film busting activities.

alex3619

I am not an enzyme expert. I have dabbled in the literature a long time ago though.

There are two ideas behind this therapy. The first is to disrupt the yeast. The second is to disrupt the biofilms. In my view the biofilm degradation is far more important. The body can handle yeast (usually) which is why it protects itself (and other micoorganisms) with biofilms.

This therapy will probably have very limited effect on biofilms inside the body, but mostly will effect the gut, and probably only the upper part of the gut. This is because the enzymes are likely to be degraded by passing through the gut, and very little will get into the body itself.

I am surprised they do not make these as suppositories as well.

ahmo

@Martial
phew.gif
THANK YOU!! I was very taken with the idea of enzymes for systemic use when I listened to the Digestion Sessions. Then I found that this was not a unique idea. I'm very excited to implement this.:)

@alex3619 yes, my concern is the biofilm. There will be other additions to disrupt the yeast. You've given me excellent information: I'll be timing one of my doses to coincide with my enemas, and add it then.:thumbsup:

jepps

I
His product:

My choice does not contain cellulase or hemicellase. Does this mean I've lost before I've started, because the cell walls are not going to be broken down to let the other ingredients do their work??:bang-head:

I've read enough about proteolytic enzymes and serratiopeptidase to feel that I'm still doing something positive for my body, but will any of the ingredients below, eg the starch eaters bromelain, papain permeate the cell wall?? Thanks for your help.

Bromelain 576 GDU †
Papain 10,077,000 PU †
Amylase 36,000 DU †
Lipase 405 FCC FIP †
Neutral protease 738 NU †
Fungal protease 4.0 34,800 HUT †
Bacterial protease 65,250 HUT †
Rutin 30 mg †
Serratiopeptidase 120,000 SPU †

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.drbvitamins.com/products/best_proteolytic_enzymes_90vc/

A good product. Could you take additional a product with only cellulase? Cellulase is for candida. I took cellulase+protease (CDX) https://www.pureformulas.com/cdx-yeast-growth-formula-84-capsules-by-theramedix.html for candida, and then had mucus in stool for several months. If you have a bad reaction, you´re on the right way:)

Gondwanaland

I started DH on enzymes to help digesting leafy vegetables. He has been feeling really sleepy. So I decided to try them as well, and now I have been feeling sleepy too. Does anyone have an explanation to it?

I read some negative reviews of other enzymes on iHerb and there is scary stuff out there :eek:

jepps

I started DH on enzymes to help digesting leafy vegetables. He has been feeling really sleepy. So I decided to try them as well, and now I have been feeling sleepy too. Does anyone have an explanation to it?

An inflammatory response because of detoxification. Could you take your :) to take smaller amounts?

Without inflammatory response it will not go off. But you can regulate the intensity with the dose.

Last edited:

jepps

It works very fast. I had arthritis pain, my friend and pain in the limbs, my friend also had arthritis pain. With time the pain stopped. Anyway I would only take a tiny tiny amount, maybe 1/8 of the capsule.

Gondwanaland

I will take advantage of this dedicated topic and ask the unanswered question about protease...

@picante and I have experienced what she calls Sudden-Onset Intolerable Mood, interestingly I have experienced the same symptom from protease and from mB12.

Obviously the protease is improving B12 absorption and it probably activates some violent neurotransmitters :confused:

It would be nice if anyone had a scientific explanation to this phenomenon o_O