• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diets ranked for health

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This seems very simplistic to me, for example classing all vegan diets under 'The Vegan Diet'. Will probably be of interest though:

http://health.usnews.com/best-diet/diet-index?int=a3ef09

Just seen another extraordinary category: 'Traditional Asian Diet'. Er...is that Indian Hindu vegetarian, Muslim Indian meat-containing but no pork, bacon, etc., Chinese (and what part of China?), Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Jain Buddhist...o_O

Valentijn

US News is more of an entertainment site, not really news. Their expert advice boils down "this diet sounds the most like the official recommendations", rather than any actual analysis of the science involved.

Indeed, the top 3 diets in the "Best Overall" category come straight from the NIH :rolleyes:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
US News is more of an entertainment site, not really news. Their expert advice boils down "this diet sounds the most like the official recommendations", rather than any actual analysis of the science involved.

Indeed, the top 3 diets in the "Best Overall" category come straight from the NIH :rolleyes:

I got the notification from Physician's First Watch so expected better...but then, they are very good on medical news generally, but like most medics, they are rather pathetic when it comes to diet.