• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Restoring GABA system

Bdeep86

Is anyone here familiar with restoring the GABA system for someone who abused amphetamine, particularly adderall. I don't respond well to natural stuff but xanax and alcohol help tremendously.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Is anyone here familiar with restoring the GABA system for someone who abused amphetamine, particularly adderall. I don't respond well to natural stuff but xanax and alcohol help tremendously.

Maybe nmda antagonists could help as they can improve gaba receptor sensitivity and help lower tolerance to benzos. The common drug used is dxm/Dextromethorphan which is commonly found in over the counter cough medicine, information on this is sketchy as most is about people abusing it but many have used it in recommended doses and not abused it to help with benzo tolerance.

The other med is memantine which is also an nmda antagonist, worth looking into also.

xanax may be a problem as it has a short half life, so its possible you could be having withdrawals from it once the effects have worn off. might be better suited to a longer acting benzo like valium??

Do more of your own research though before doing any of this and maybe try and work with a doctor. antidepressants may be of help after amphetamine abuse??

god luck.