• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sun newspaper - diet cures CFS

zzz

It must be make-weasels-happy day in the UK media , as this article on recovery from CFS by diet is a blatant advert for snake oil.

Really, Min, I think you're giving snake oil a bad name. :bang-head:

What on earth is a 'food psychologist'?

Food psychologist: "Did you become depressed when you discovered you were going to be a vegetable your whole life?"

Vegetable: (No answer)

A.B.

Food psychologist: "Did you become depressed when you discovered you were going to be a vegetable your whole life?"

Vegetable: (No answer)

Food psychologist: (after an hour of staring at the vegetable) Your silence says more than words. Something very important is happening in your subconscious mind. We will continue next week.

Mij

@Min it seems they have many titles these days, everything from mixologists(basically a bartender), foodologists etc, I think it gives them a sense of importance I thought ologists were reserved for PhD's :rolleyes:

Revel

So let me see if I've got this right. I fork out £35 and they will help me "shed weight" and "exercise by walking". And this is the same regime that cured the food psychologist of CFS? BARGAIN!!

Does it matter that I'm already 30lb underweight and can barely toddle to the bathroom and back? I'd really hate to miss out on such cutting-edge treatment.

Is she seriously attributing her illness at 12 to an addiction to Pot Noodle and chocolate? I blame the parents :lol:.

barbc56

I think a food psychologist is a psychologist who treats food. I've heard that psychological help for food is often trivialized, which leaves a big gap when it comes to much needed food mental health services.

Don't you people realize how meat is often traumatized by vegetarian issues?

Really, maybe a bite of empathy is called for? :lol:

Barb

Revel

Sorry to detract from your thread, @Min, but here's a food psychologist at work:

spud.jpg

Last edited: