• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

help on test, infection :(

First of all sorry, please lessen worrying/negative info since im already worry, hopeless about it also from reading. :(

I need input on what test can i take to help find the culprit of my worsening unknowingly why. I was thinking if it might be strep throat/gut pathogen, etc. Im worried if this is or toxin attacking me.

I already read some threads about infection and tests but i still cant understand it all. Since there are a lot of virus, bacterial and it seems the test is hard to get and uncommon :( since im in far away and the medical here isnt so advance (ordinary, common test). i cant also travel far. I know and feel helpless but since im so suffering i cant just do nothing about it. at least if theres anything i can do/try.

The only option though is if the lab accept overseas client (shipping) though i still have to try hard to find doctor, clinic whos willing to help send. Shipping time is also a problem if it has to be <2days.
Specialtylabs, doctorsdata, have partner here but some test from SL couldnt be done due to some factor. Also find out mayomedlab supposed to be partnered too but didnt due to some issue. I was hoping they will.

Since 2 months ago my health gotten worse a lot. There are no changes from other thing as a culprit so its weird. Usually its pretty static with some ups and downs depends on my rest and diet. And usually it got better after i completely cut on food that im intolerance too, go on strict diet. but now i already did that but im still very terrible now and havent revert back to 3 months ago.

My main/biggest problem since beginning was palpitation and tachycardia it has gotten terribly worse now but not only that some are also getting worse: chest tight abdominal tightness/air hunger, gas, jittery, stomach issue, muscle sore, sensitivity and unsure if insomnia different or not.
Feels like when im still eating bad food and lack rest but i dont.

The only suspicion/different thing happen i can find is dental and infection.
#I got cough and sore throat 2months ago.last for more than 2 weeks took otc medicine and antibiotic. But no other symptoms. I thought it was only ordinary cough. I suspect could be common viral or gerd. After the cough it seems i was fine so i dont suspect anything. But then when i got worse after i thought it could mean something.

#Theres also a helper who got skin rash on back of hand sometimes she help wash vegetable, massage. for couple of days, cause i didnt notice and she didnt tell. i dont get skin rash and i thought i cook it after n can only think positively though i was still worry.

I dont know which come first the cough or her rash i guess my cough. But i dont know exactly hers. She also got flu its healed but i dont get flu. I know and worry it could mean something but she seems fine after it. I hope its not from it.

#After that i got 4 dental filling+replacement work. Thats my first expectation of the culprit cause the timing is close but i dont seem to have a way out :(
But theres also other possibility from infection.(virus, bacteria because of the cough and the helper case)

I dont know what to do but i cant just do nothing :(
Sorry for the hopelessness and patheticnes.

I was hoping anyone could give input, idea also what test can i do. (Thats not so uncommon/hard for me to get to help at least)
I was hesitant to even create this thread i also have lost hope of doctor but i still give effort and do so. Cause what other can i do.

Thanks for whoever replying.
Id be greatly appreciate any help.
Good day to you all and happy new year.
:)

Last edited:

A.B.

After that i got 4 dental filling+replacement work. Thats my first expectation of the culprit cause the timing is close but i dont seem to have a way out

Some patients report that their health improved after replacing their dental amalgam.

chipmunk1

Some patients report that their health improved after replacing their dental amalgam.

and some report they got terribly ill when drilling out mercury amalgams without any safety precautions.

The only option though is if the lab accept overseas client (shipping) though i still have to try hard to find doctor, clinic whos willing to help send. Shipping time is also a problem if it has to be <2days.

no doctor needed

www.directlabs.com
https://www.directlabs.com/OrderTests/InternationalOrders.aspx

Last edited:

zzz

First of all please lessen worrying/negative info since im already worry, hopeless about it also from reading. Sorry. :(

No need to apologize; we are all happy to help here. We all know from personal experience how difficult this can be, and PR is here so that we can help each other deal with this illness.

Sometimes our symptoms get worse for no obvious reason at all. This has happened to me on a number of occasions. It can then take some hard work to figure out what the real problem is.
My main/biggest problem since beginning was the palpitation and tachycardia it has gotten terribly worse now but not only that some are also getting worse: chest tight abdominal tightness/air hunger, gas, stomach issue, muscle sore, sensitivity and unsure if insomnia different or not.

This does not sound like a viral infection to me. In fact, all of these symptoms can be symptoms of a magnesium deficiency. Getting enough magnesium orally is often difficult, which is my most people in the U.S. and many other places are magnesium deficient.

There are three different types of tests for magnesium levels. The first is the serum blood test, which is worthless. You can be severely magnesium deficient and have this test come out perfectly normal.

The second test is the intracellular red blood cell test. This is much more reliable.

The third test, which is the most reliable (though like all tests, it is not perfect) is the EXA Test intracellular magnesium test, which tests for magnesium in soft tissues. This test is probably not an option for you.

If you can't get either of the last two tests done, the easiest and simplest way to proceed is to do a magnesium probe. This simply involves taking a large amount of oral magnesium supplements and see if they help. The problem with oral magnesium supplements is that they are not absorbed very well through the gut. Different types of magnesium are absorbed better or worse than others. The best absorbed forms are magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate; magnesium malate is also well absorbed. Too much magnesium can cause diarrhea, so what you want to do is to take one of these supplements to bowel tolerance - that is, take just enough so that you don't trigger diarrhea. Start with the standard dose and you can gradually add some. Any excess will be eliminated by your kidneys, as long as you don't have major kidney problems (which few of us do). If you are lucky, this may eliminate your problem completely.

Alternatively, this may partially eliminate your symptoms, but still leave you with some. At that point, it would be necessary to investigate more intensive forms of magnesium supplementation. But that can wait until you find out whether magnesium helps at all.

Potassium and calcium supplementation is optional if you are just taking oral magnesium, as the amount of magnesium is relatively small, and you would just be correcting a deficiency with the magnesium. If more intensive magnesium supplementation is necessary, potassium and calcium supplementation become much more important.

I hope that this helps, and I wish you the best in solving this problem.

@A.B. I got 1 amalgam. removing them also risky also the white resin bpa one causehealth problem too from many source i read. Unfortunately my teeth almost all broken. :( In 2010 i got 1 root canal but it seem was ok after.
@chipmunk1 thanks but i dont know which test...
from what i know its supposed to be from questdiagnostic and other lab which i forget.
Also i still need doctor to rake care of speciment, etc right...
@zzz thanks :balloons: my condition usually pretty static/predictable somewhat though with some short ups and downs which from diet and rest. Or if there other different thing happen/i do. But now its not. thats why this time weird and there should be other different factor causing it but i cant even find out :ill: I already know about RBC magnesium but test i can get is from doctorsdata. I have magnesium glycinate, calcium took it only once in a while and 1 month ago felt bad maybe cause it was the time when i got worse also so im not sure. I was planning to try it again but not when this fragile.