• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Diatomaceous Earth for healing nerves? Best type of fat to eat for myelin?

boo85

As the title says, anyone had any positive experiences with DE or silica for healing nerves from B12 deficiency?

Also, what is the best type of fat to eat for replacing the frayed myelin?

I cut out rancid, omega 6 oils such as margarine, sunflower oil, canola oil, etc, about 3 years ago. In the past 6 months I've gotten even more strict with not eating any foods with those rancid oils in them. If a food has it in the ingredients list, I won't eat it and I'll try and find an alternative made with olive oil or another oil.

The fat I cook with and eat the most is ghee, virgin coconut oil, mostly grass-fed butter, lard, olive oil.

As an aside I'm totally grain free for the past 6 months, and no sugar either (aside from the occasional glucose powder, no fructose or sugars that contain fructose.)

Thanks for any help.

Critterina

Also, what is the best type of fat to eat for replacing the frayed myelin?...The fat I cook with and eat the most is ghee, virgin coconut oil, mostly grass-fed butter, lard, olive oil.
I think you pretty much have it nailed. Coconut oil is what I've heard recommended most. As ahmo said, you might add beef fat (lard is pork fat, I just learned). Good going.

I have used DE to kill the worst insects. It's sharp sides cut their exoskeleton so they lose moisture. The rest of the insects I pretty much leave alone or relocate if inside. Are you sure it's safe to take internally?

ahmo

@Critterina, I was pretty :nervous: about starting DE, but it's been great. My body only wants it when I'm detoxxing, along w/ clay. And the company I buy it from also sells a little bulb puffer, to use it on the critters.:)

adreno

PR activist
Myelin is mostly cholesterol and phospholipids. I think egg yolks would be a good choice of fat, as it contains both of those and also B12.