• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where is luminescentfeeling?!

Hi all,

I've noticed that luminescentfeeling's YouTube channel ("Simon Wessely's shame") has been shut down! :eek:
Does anybody know what is going on there in the UK? It was simply the best source for CFS-videos...

MEKoan

I'm beyond sorry to hear this. His videos are gone. This is a huge loss as he really has a unique and powerful voice. I hope he returns to us soon.

shattered.

mezombie

I just found out that someone in the UK reported that Luminescent is "OK". That's all I've heard so far, I'm afraid. But at least it's something.

Someone posted a very satriric YouTube video on Weasley some years ago and pulled it very quickly after receiving some feedback from YouTube administrators. I believe Weasely has threatened to sue for libel and slander in the past. It may be that Luminescent's vids went too far.

Thank you for the link, marie. His sudden disappearance - now, at the beginning of a new era (hopefully) - still seems a bit odd to me. Can't help thinking that there must have been pressure of some kind, but I really don't want to dwell on conspiracy theories after all...

Carrigon

Well, all his posts at prohealth are gone, he's listing as zero posts, and his private blog on blogspot is gone, as well. I don't know what happened. His last video was a very powerful and sad one and he had made a comment on it that there was nothing more to say. I hope he's okay.

Tammie

wow- very sad news.....I hope that he is just feeling burned out or something like that and that nothing seriously awful has happened.....also hope that he returns to us some time

saw the video about him and thought it does seem to indicate that he is ok, it does seem awfully strange - he doesn't seem one to just drop out of sight w/ no explanation

starryeyes

Oh this so sad! Luminescent made the best CFS videos. They were my favorites. I watched them over and over plus do you all realize that it was Lum who put up videos on YouTube immediately after CFS conferences took place? This is so sad. I feel like a good friend has died.

:(
For Lum:
roses-1.jpg

Carrigon

I'm praying he will come back. I don't think he realized how important he was to the community. He was one of the strongest advocates, a true warrior. If anyone does have a way of contacting him, please let us all know.

valia

I do hope he is OK,

but wish he hadn't taken down his videos, that is the worrying part,
why would he do that, I'm sure he is very proud of them as he should be, so why take them down?

Carrigon

but wish he hadn't taken down his videos, that is the worrying part,
why would he do that, I'm sure he is very proud of them as he should be, so why take them down?

This is what worries me, too. His last videos were centered on CFIDS/ME suicide cases and he seemed to be getting more and more depressed. I'm just praying he didn't attempt it and that we'll find he's okay.

Lily

*Believe*
Er.. wouldn't dysautonomia know?

Jenny, dysautonomiaXMRV (aka CTOT & Luminescent Feeling) essentially said goodbye to all of us by changing his signature line to "All the best everyone" and adding "Help will come for CFS" under his screen name, just before his videos disappeared. This was also just after he was forced to reveal his identity to everyone here.

I was extremely concerned then, and more so when I checked ProHealth and found his posts removed and then the videos. We are all extremely vulnerable to hopelessness although many of us would never reveal our true feelings. We must always be mindful that any of us could be on the edge at any time.

My sincere hope is that he felt the need to take a vacation from his advocacy role, however I don't think removing posts and videos would be necessary to do that. That seems far more ominous. But I want to believe he is a survivor who just needs a rest.

oerganix

disappearance of advocates

Unfortunately, this reminds me of the disappearance of Hillary and her blog and website. If either of them needed to take a break, I feel they could have just said that, and then done it. The removal of their creations, both so popular and supportive, seems to me to be only something that could have been forced upon them by someone else.

I am comforted by the video that tells us he is OK. I hope he'll be back. I also hope the same for Hillary. Anyone know anything recent about her?

Martlet

This was also just after he was forced to reveal his identity to everyone here.

He was not forced to reveal his identity. None of us knows who he actually is, do we? He was simply asked to adhere to forum rules and only have one user-name, a rule we all have to abide by.

Lily

*Believe*
He was not forced to reveal his identity. None of us knows who he actually is, do we? He was simply asked to adhere to forum rules and only have one user-name, a rule we all have to abide by.

Sorry, if I was not clear - he was required to use "formerly CTOT" as his signature line for one month. Just creating a timeline here Martlet, nothing more.

R

Robin

My sincere hope is that he felt the need to take a vacation from his advocacy role, however I don't think removing posts and videos would be necessary to do that. That seems far more ominous. But I want to believe he is a survivor who just needs a rest.

I had gotten a note from him a few weeks ago; he had decided to leave this board then for various reasons. He was having some stress-related issues with his POTS and needed a break, but didn't seem self-destructive or suicidal. I don't know what happened with the youtube videos. Perhaps he just needs some time to himself. I hope he's OK too, Lily.