• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

is sublingual M B12 that dissolves under tongue in 1 minute ok to use on Fred protocol?

Rlman

Hi everyone,
is sublingual 1000mcg Methylcobalamin B12 that dissolves under tongue in 1 minute ok to use on Fred's protocol? is the absorption as good as the porducts that you hold under lip for 1 hr?
Thanks!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
It should take up to an hour for the B12 to dissolve. There is a reason that it should last at last an hour, only part of which is absorption. Someone else can chime in with more specific info as I'm never going to remember.

I found between the upper lip and gum is the slowest to dissolve.

Valentijn

Little or no B12 is absorbed via the gums, and little under the tongue as well. But slowing down the release as it travels down the throat and into the stomach can increase the amount absorbed via the gut. Hence the under-gum approach might be beneficial, albeit not for the expected reason.

physicsstudent13

it's really scary that your nerves and brain can be damaged by b12 deficiency. a daily dose of 2500mcg a day was recommended to me by a neurologist friend. I get the b12 from pipingrock and they have methylfolate also but you are supposed to take both so you don't mask b12 damage that is neurological and pernicious anemia. I'm also occasionally injecting iron dextrose. My iron level was at low normal and ferritin was high for some reason

so is the Fredd protocol actually effective for fatigue and brain fog?

ahmo

@physicsstudent13 Freddd's Protocol returned me to the land of the living. No more neurological symptoms, brain fog. Fatigue is less, but not eliminated. I've created a compilation of his messages, see link in my signature line. I've not yet edited it to reflect his current suggestion to take AdB12 once a week, 3-=50mg, on a day when you don't take MB12, to help absorption of both.

physicsstudent13

so you are supposed to take potassium with this to prevent heart arrythmias and heart damage and not take NAC? I noticed after I started taking B complex injections that I would have some sore feeling in my right chest like an arrythmia.

ahmo

@physicsstudent13 That feeling in chest could be sign for taking potassium. Here's a really interesting post from today re NAC:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...t-inspired-what-next.32898/page-2#post-538560

I think I can confirm NAC and glutathione quickly removing all B12 from the body from my own experience.

I've been on the Active B12 Protocol since august. One of my symptoms was my hands feeling a bit numb, like wearing gloves. The numbness is gone since starting the protocol and staying on the protocol.

A few weeks ago I decided to try NAC. I won't go into the reason why I tried the NAC here. A few hours after the first 600mg capsule my hands started to go numb again like before I started the protocol. I think this confirms what @@Freddd wrote about NAC in his posts: The NAC, a glutathione precursor, binds to the B12 and you become B12 deficient again instantly.

I took 2 NAC capsules per day for five days before giving up. After that it took weeks for my hands to feel normal again.

physicsstudent13

I've had this terrible fogginess and exhaustion with respiration problems during my sleep and strange and severe numbness and loss of nerve feeling at the extremities which I can't figure out and getting b12 subcutaneous shots once a week wasn't helpful
I've had tachycardia of 125 since going on NAC, EDTA and now this sore palpitation feeling on the right side of my chest. And it went away after taking potassium with calcium, magnesium, zinc.

you have to be careful since cyanocobalamin can cause blindness from cyanide poisoning and there is an increased risk of cancer; a relative of mine died from stomach cancer so my risk is already high

physicsstudent13

@physicsstudent13 Freddd's Protocol returned me to the land of the living. No more neurological symptoms, brain fog. Fatigue is less, but not eliminated. I've created a compilation of his messages, see link in my signature line. I've not yet edited it to reflect his current suggestion to take AdB12 once a week, 3-=50mg, on a day when you don't take MB12, to help absorption of both.

Wow so the hydroxy b12 with the deadlock quartet really works for brain fog/exhaustion? I've been doing cyanocobalamin injections and it isn't working. I have sleep apnea and terrible fog now even on a ventilator and oxygen, I'm disabled and crippled. so you aren't supposed to take NAC?

I tried methyl b12 off and on with methyl folate but it didn't do much it seemed. so should I go with hydroxy or adeno? I ordered everything on Amazon but the shipping sometimes is real slow, piping rock is faster

Where can I buy hydroxy b12 injections?

Last edited: