• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

nutreval results (w/o aminos) - need some help

ebethc

I rec'ed my nutreval results, and was surprised by the results... My results - for the most part - look really good. Normally, this would be good news, except that I don't feel good and have high SED & CRP, so what the heck is wrong? I could would love some help if anyone is familiar with this test. Also, I had to re-take the amino portion of the test so those results are not included in this copy of the report.

thanks!!

Attachments

• nutreval wo aminos.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Valentijn

It looked like some of your Omega 6 values were high, which can be pro-inflammatory. Do you get much food in your diet that is high in those?

ebethc

It looked like some of your Omega 6 values were high, which can be pro-inflammatory. Do you get much food in your diet that is high in those?

@Valentijn - I take flax and EPO sometimes... I eat dairy and wheat off & on... I guess I have to cut all those things out 100%.. Thanks!

ebethc

@caledonia - in your SNP interpretation guide, you mentioned that Ammonia is included in the Nutreval test.... I don't see it, so either it's not in there anymore or I'm missing it... where should I look? Mine is attached at the top of this thread...(note that I had to re-take the amino portion of this test). thanks!

Critterina

My first impression - SED and CRP - is that when I had those, it was a lot of antigen/antibody complex sedimenting out as a result of autoimmune inflammation. CRP is inflammation - due to autoimmune or infection or maybe something else. I would ask my doctor to check for autoimmune activity with those results.

Critterina

It's been hundreds of years, @ebethc , since I was tested. At the time (1986) they did ANA (anti-nuclear antibody) tests. I would not expect the same tests to be used today. Anything that would be used to screen for lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus) or rheumatoid arthritis would be a place to start, I would think. If your doctor doesn't want to test (since he may not know what to do with the results) ask if s/he would consider referring you to a rheumatologist - especially if you have joint or muscle pain.

My doctor (1986) sent me home with his text book from medical school (1965) and told me to read Chapter 11 on Diffuse Collagenoses. It was in there, whatever was going on. I was one of the lucky ones: spontaneous remission that started after 4 weeks. It took about 10 years for the sed rate to be normal again, and it was a long road back (about a year after the spontaneous remission started), with physical therapy, yoga, strength training, aerobics, etc. I was literally not strong enough to complete a major shopping trip when I was doing the physical therapy. But the remission held with only one minor incident about 7 years later.