• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme testing results

Gene & Variation rsID Alleles Result
COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-
VDR Bsm rs1544410 CT +/-
VDR Taq rs731236 AG +/-
VDR Fok-I not found n/a n/a
MAO A R297R rs6323 GT +/-
ACAT1-02 rs3741049 -- no call
MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AG +/-
MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/-
MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 TT -/-
MTR A2756G rs1805087 AA -/-
MTRR A66G rs1801394 AG +/-
MTRR H595Y rs10380 CC -/-
MTRR K350A rs162036 AA -/-
MTRR R415T rs2287780 CC -/-
MTRR S257T not found n/a n/a
MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/-
BHMT-01 not found n/a n/a
BHMT-02 rs567754 TT +/+
BHMT-04 rs617219 CC +/+
BHMT-08 rs651852 TT +/+
AHCY-01 rs819147 TT -/-
AHCY-02 rs819134 AA -/-
AHCY-19 rs819171 TT -/-
CBS C699T rs234706 AA +/+
CBS A360A rs1801181 GG -/-
CBS N212N rs2298758 GG -/-
SUOX S370S not found n/a n/a
NOS3 D298E not found n/a
n/a
SHMT1 C1420T rs1979277 GG
-/-

MTHFR Mutations

You have 1 heterozygous (yellow) mutation(s). These are generally not as bad as red homozygous mutation, but they may still worth paying attention to. They include:
  • MTHFR C677T

the following are RED:

Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
  • BHMT-02
  • BHMT-04
  • BHMT-08
  • CBS C699T
The following are YELLOW:

Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
  • COMT V158M
  • COMT H62H
  • VDR Bsm
  • VDR Taq
  • MAO-A R297R
  • MTRR A66G
  • MTRR A664A

comments, suggestions etc. appreciated. I see the CBS 699 as the number one problem right now.

I have no idea how the BHMT fits in so I don't know what symptoms I have that are from them - they can mimic CBS problems but I think I got that already covered directly

I was expecting 2 methylation problems based on what the ND said - only got 1 - I was expecting the CBS - figured that out about 6 years ago when I was sick but at that time getting tested was too expensive and finding someone to deal with it was beyond what I could do.

I know I mentioned sulfur problems when I was sick 6 years ago but that I had been able to now eat sulfur rich foods without problems. However I am not handling all the NAC. I also know there was elevated taurine on a UAA test done almost 16 years ago and I was told at the time to take taurine. There was no follow up on any of that.

But right now some brain fog, lots of shaking - internal shaking with body and brain out of synch - this comes and goes - I have blamed "free glutamate" for it. Lots of mouth symptoms -burning - tastes -smells. I am very chemically sensitive and have been for years. Some body aches - sometimes worse than others. Dealing with what I assume is a kidney stone that doesn't want to get to the bladder yet. food cravings for chocolate, cheese, bread, chips all winter - they got worse when I stopped eating eggs. The cheese and chocolate were really bad and I kept eating them.

BHMT-02
BHMT-04
BHMT-08
CBS C699T
This might indicate a problem breaking down homocysteine. If I recall, the CBS mutations are an up-regulation, so you could be breaking things down too quickly and accumulating too many sulfur products. BHMT is an alternative way to cycle homocysteine back into methionine, so having that shut down might make things worse.

My suggestion would be to get some sulfur strips from drug store and see what your pee says. If it's too high, then you may need to consider steps to reduce your sulfur intake, etc.

caledonia

Yep, the first thing is to check and see if your CBS is expressed. The Heartfixer page (see the link in my signature) can give you a pretty good idea of what to do for CBS. The only exception is to use the free thiol list for diet, instead of a low sulfur diet. http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

I'm wondering about that No Call with the ACAT. I'm pretty sure there should be a result there.

The BHMTs control the secondary/shortcut methylation pathway. This is sort of a backup pathway in case the "long way around" isn't working well. So you have problems with both pathways.

I have read that heartfixer page. I am also aware of that low thiol list and plan to trial it in about a week - lower sulphur in the mean time as gradually as I can. I already dropped the NAC I was taking. I assume epsom salts baths are out too.

I have problems with liver detox being out of synch and have to figure that one out too - will consider ideas if anyone has them - phase 2 needs to be sped up and phase 1 slowed down is what I wast told.

I am wondering what are the signs / symptoms for ammonia problem. I get all these strange tastes and smells.

Sulfur strips I would need to find - not sure exactly what I would be looking for but getting them from amazon or the like is better option for me probably.

There was no result on that particular spot for ACAT - don't know what I can do about it. The results came faster than expected.

jepps

Does anybody know, what means "Version" at 23andme, when showing the raw datas? Regards, jepps

Does anybody know, what means "Version" at 23andme, when showing the raw datas? Regards, jepps
It indicates which chip is used. I think the current one is version 4, and version 3 was the one which had the most SNPs tested.