• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P2P workshop Dec. 9 & 10, 2014

Nielk

Quigong showedsome improvement in fatigue.

Home orthostatic training exercise no difference from sham training.

Nielk

Exposure attention: more attention compared to less attention can create responses to treatment.

Expectation bias can influence. Teaching them that if they believe it, it will happen. (What bs!!!!!!)

dancer

Good - she's at least acknowledging "expectation bias" - especially when a patient is taught they can "control their symptoms" by behavior and are then filling out questionaires.

Neilk reported/wrote: "Results of GET similar to CBT. Not associated with serious harm for either one!!!"

This P2P is a farcical pantomine!

Esther12

Is now doing a slide on problems with bias - but she present it as: "If you believe you will get better, then you will get better" - doesn't mention problems with unreliable nature of the outcome measures used! Ugh.

"Trials did not measure changes in measures in activity"?

Why did they exclude the ones that did and showed CBT led to no improvement. I can't remember that now.

Nielk

Measure of activity have not been measured.

Oxford and Fukuda were criteria used. ( meaning no CCC or ICC.

Nielk

Future research needs:

Larger, more participants.
Improving design and execution. Longer periods.

Esther12

Do they not get questioned by anyone? darn it, I need to leave soon. Hopefully these videos will be online somewhere later.

Valentijn

Do they not get questioned by anyone? darn it, I need to leave soon. Hopefully these videos will be online somewhere later.
After the presentations, they all get questioned at the same time before the break I think. That's how they did it yesterday.