• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can someone in the USA get infectolab testing?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
If so how? Is it reliable? What does it detect exactly?

Yes, you can get it. You can email Infectolabs and they will tell you what to do. Basically you send them a blood sample using fast shipping. LLMD's seem to consider it one of the most reliable tests. Quite a few of us here have taken this test and posted their results.

This is from their website--perhaps someone else can explain it in plain English.

A Borrelia infection does not only activate the humoral immune response, but also activates T-lymphocytes at the same time. Once Borrelia bacteria are not active anymore, the T-cellular immune response is not present....

The test reflects the actual, current Borrelia burgdorferi activity of chronic and also acute Lyme infections. The Elispot-LTT is highly sensitive and can detect even one single Borrelia-reactive T-cell in the blood. The Elispot-LTT is very helpful when monitoring a chronic or acute Lyme therapy. The Elispot-LTT should usually become negative about 6 to 8 weeks after completion of an effective therapy.

Thank you Sushi. Do you know exactly what all they test for exactly? I am assuming a blood sample needs to be done by a docs orders. Is it more reliable than igenex?

Sushi

Thank you Sushi. Do you know exactly what all they test for exactly? I am assuming a blood sample needs to be done by a docs orders. Is it more reliable than igenex?

I think you will need someone who knows more about science and lab testing to explain it more. All I know is that it tests with different methods than IgeneX. I have had both. Probably any type of licensed medical practitioner could order the blood draw. Most labs provide kits and I have had blood drawn for kits at hospital labs. Most don't charge for the draw or only charge a minimal fee. The main cost would be the shipping and the charges at Infectolab.

Sushi

JAH

I think you will need someone who knows more about science and lab testing to explain it more. All I know is that it tests with different methods than IgeneX. I have had both. Probably any type of licensed medical practitioner could order the blood draw. Most labs provide kits and I have had blood drawn for kits at hospital labs. Most don't charge for the draw or only charge a minimal fee. The main cost would be the shipping and the charges at Infectolab.

Sushi
Sushi did you get different results from igenex and infectolab?

Sushi

Sushi did you get different results from igenex and infectolab?

The two labs are testing different things. My Igenex results were equivocal--not really clear. Infectolab tested negative, but...I later found out that I have low lymphocytes which could affect the test results. If I were retested I would need to send double the amount of blood to compensate for the low lymphocytes. That is if I understand it correctly.

I did get a positive PRC for Bartonella though--at another lab.

Sushi

roxie60

Yes you can but blood has to make it to germany in 2 days and k have not been able to find a shipper ghag xan will guarantee 2 day delivery. I wax told goig thru customs adds time, maybe days, so could not be sure sample would be viable. If someone has found a way to get samples to germany in 2 days.

Sushi

Infectolab has a representative in the US. A friend of mine arranged it though this person. Infectolab should be able to put you in contact with them.

Sushi

Helen

You might also get advice from what Dr.Horowitz tells in this interview about testing. I had tests from Infectolabs who were negative and now I am also tested by Redlabs (together with immune tests) and waiting for an assessment. @Sushi, do you know if Infectolabs tests also for Lyme bacterias that are present only in US, not in Europe?

Sushi

@Sushi, do you know if Infectolabs tests also for Lyme bacterias that are present only in US, not in Europe?

They don't check for the bacteria directly (if I understand it) but rather the immune response. I think this would work for any species of Borrelia--but I am no expert here!

Sushi