• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

All symptoms related somehow

I don't know if anyone ever gets a day where all symptoms for no reason at least that I can figure out abate dramatically or just go away and you feel like a normal healthy human being.
It is so frustrating that I get days during a year that I can count on one hand when the following happens:
tinnitus much less, joints don't ache and I am flexible, no bowel problems, no muscle twitching, no headaches, can turn neck effortlessly, malaise is gone, not raynaud's disease in hands, no sensitivity to sound light or smells, can think clearer, can go out and walk without feeling sick afterwards. On those days I try to catch up on all the things I have been putting off around the house etc.
It just feels great. Unfortunately it is short lived. By the end of the day symptoms start creeping right back and the next day I am back to same old self.
I have tried eating the same foods the day before I felt good. I tried to duplicate everything the day before but it doesn't work. You just get sick and have months of illness to look forward to again.
I don't know if my immune system is working less or more those days but I know I can feel normal even if short lived. Anyone else ever experience this?

lansbergen

On those days I try to catch up on all the things I have been putting off around the house etc.
It just feels great. Unfortunately it is short lived

I know that. It is a pitfall. I learned not to do more on these good days. That was difficult because on these days I felt I could conquer the world.

xchocoholic

Have you tried the elimination diet ? If not, I'd suggest trying a paleo type diet. It's just organic meats, fruits and veggies. Raw or cooked. Dr Terry Wahls has some excellent info on how diet helped her ms.

Tc .. x

Have you tried the elimination diet ? If not, I'd suggest trying a paleo type diet. It's just organic meats, fruits and veggies. Raw or cooked. Dr Terry Wahls has some excellent info on how diet helped her ms.

Tc .. x
Thanks but have tried just about every diet out there over the past 22 years. From wheat grass juice to gluten free to vegetable diet. Did not make one bit of difference with me. I am so sick today feel like I am dying. Tremors, extremely weak, barely able to take a shower, chronic dull headache where neck meets skull. Not sure if new antiviral
is now kicking in or I am getting sick with some other virus my wife brought home because she is teacher assistant and is upstairs today with fever. I get extremely sick like I just want to die from a simple cold virus. This will just be another day laying on the couch.
Thanks for your trying to help me. Oh now the trigeminal neuralgia is starting in. My upper teeth feel like drilled on even though no cavities. My nervous system is inflamed. Be well. Maybe this northeast storm is not helping me either. I give up

xchocoholic

Hugs. I completely understand your frustration. I hope you're not coming down with something.

I have similar symptoms today from cleaning my bathroom yesterday. I do this every time. I can't handle cleaning chemicals even with gloves. A mask might've helped tho.

Fwiw, if you just want to treat your symptoms, Klonopin helps me with tremors. I keep the dose at a minimum, <= .125 mg, because of documented possible side effects but still use it as needed.

Natural calm, magnesium citrate, and meat stock help sometimes too if my symptoms are mild. Warm liquids might help you feel warmer too.

Ice packs are good for base of skull pain. Using another on my lower spine at the same time calms my cns for a little while. In my experience, these need to be cold enough to numb the area. I use frozen corn kernels. I'm using those now. ☺

Hope you feel better. X

Eta. I'm sorry to hear that diet changes didn't help you. Diet made a huge difference for me but it's because I have the DQ2 celiac gene. Gluten should've been avoided from day 1.

Last edited:

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
@sick2long, this happens to at least a few of us. Its discussed from time to time. I have never been able to duplicate these short lived remissions. They just happen. It does however show we have a capacity to recover, if only we could undo what is happening. Its cause for hope.
Well, it seems far more likely to be a quelling of inflammation rather than a subsiding of infection.

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Not days but hours. I used to get this two or three times per year where I felt absolutely 100% (at least in comparison) and of course I did some things I usually couldn't and subsequently crashed.

There was absolutely no rhyme or reason to it when it happened and doesn't happen any more which I miss. I used to rationalise it as multiple systems out of whack which occasionally hit a 'sweet spot'. Who knows? But the phenomenon does suggest that whatever we have isn't irreversible damage.

Tammy

It really is a mystery when this happens. I have some significant good days once in a blue moon (no rhyme or reason).........and what is interesting is a friend of mine with MS who shares a lot of my symptoms will have a significant good day the same day as I do which makes me wonder if those all too few good days coincide with idealistic environmental/atmospheric/universal conditions??????????????????