• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experience with coffee enema's?? What to watch out for??

HI Everybody,

Can someone give me a direct link to information about this.

I tried to click under a signature and I come up with Fredds protocoll instead of the coffee enema information I am seeking.

Also I am looking for a stainless steel coffee maker.

Can anyone suggest one that they have had success with??

Also any experiences or what to look out for would be so helpful.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Janet

ahmo

That must have been my signature. Last week I had to change the 3rd link in my signature, it was going to Freddd's Protocol. I just tried the CE link, seems ok to me...If not, click on my avatar, go to my blog, and I'll ask for technical help tomorrow.:rolleyes:

That must have been my signature. Last week I had to change the 3rd link in my signature, it was going to Freddd's Protocol. I just tried the CE link, seems ok to me...If not, click on my avatar, go to my blog, and I'll ask for technical help tomorrow.:rolleyes:

I am new here. I don't know what an avatar is or how to find your blog.

I tried again to access the information and it is still going to Freddds protocall.

Anything you can do with technical support, would be so helpful to me.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Janet

Hi Everyone,

I have realized of late that coffee enema's would help me.

I do not want to this blind without knowing what to expect.

I have the stainless steel enema kit and finally found a stainless steel coffee maker.

I know I have to start slow.

Would anyone share their experiences with this type of treatment.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Janet

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Sorry I know others on here have more success than me , but even at the smallest %age the coffee enemas wipe me out for days, jelly legs etc. I presume its the electrolyte imbalance, I struggle with taking oral vits/minerals so its a double whammy. I've tried several times, also done a few water enemas and the same reaction:(

South

I don't use any special or hard-to-find stainless steel equipment. People drink coffee that has been made in coffee makers that are not stainless steel, it is a shame that some sites make it seem as if the coffee enema can only be done with difficult equipment. The way the coffee enema works is by sudden introduction to the liver of caffeine and antioxidants found in coffee, and the sudden arrival of these via the enema cause the liver to eject some bile - this ejection helps clear the liver of sludge.

Drinking coffee from a plastic, ordinary coffee maker ends up sending it to the liver to be processed too, just more slowly. If sites advocate only "stainless steel brewed" coffee for enemas, they honestly should recommend this as the only type that should be drunk as well.

I simply brew organic coffee in an ordinary Mr. Coffee coffee maker (it is made of plastic) because I have chosen other battles in my life to reduce plastic, and choose not to worry about this one.

I let it cool to room temperature, and put into a plastic enema bottle: It's simply a bottle that looks like a mustard bottle, with a screw top lid. I use about 3/4 of a cup of liquid coffee. It is at the same ordinary strength as it would be if I was making it to drink.

I always have a nice clearing of the head after I've done it.

Last edited:

xchocoholic

I tried these multiple times but never felt any better. In retrospect tho, the symptoms I was trying to resolve are from oi / oh / pots. I didn't know it back then.

ahmo

Coffee enemas have become a central practice for my well being. Until I can overcome my body's detox path difficulties, this is how I'll continue to proceed. Gondwanaland's link to my comments about it seems more reliable than the link in my signature.:rolleyes:

South

Do you know how +/+ CYP1A2 (slow caffeine metabolizer) affects it?
@Gondwanaland I do not know the answer to your question, but wish I had something to say to help. Sorry it took me so long to see this question!

As with anything, starting with tiny quantities might allow safe exploration. If I had the gene for slow caffeine metabolism, and wanted to experiment with coffee enema, I'd start with the enema bottle having only plain water in it with just a few DROPS of brewed coffee added, that is how tiny I'd make that first trial of it. (I am a very slow and safety minded person!). Then I'd wait a day or so afterwards before trying again with a bit more.

Perhaps a small dose that you find via this slow experimentation would do as much good as a larger dose does for those who do not have this slow caffeine metabolizer gene.

helen1

I have the slow caffeine metabolizer SNP and I do coffee enemas regularly - for about a year now. At first I got a bit of a caffeinated feeling from them plus a great mood improvement. I only did them in the morning. Now they make me very relaxed, no buzz at all, and still improve my mood but less than before. I can do them any time with no effect on my sleep. And I'm very sensitive to orally ingested caffeine.

South has good advice about starting with tiny doses. I did that too. It's a weird thing to do to your body so you need to make sure you can handle it.

I wish i knew more about the effects of coffee enemas on the colon's microbiome and to glutathione levels. I've read all there is out there about it but there's very little real science to be found.