• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

International Day of Persons with Disabilities:The debilitating truth about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Just spotted this online also... For once they have a fantastic picture to go with the headline- a person in a wheelchair, and they even talk to someone who is a part time wheelchair user like so many of us have to be. So gratefult hat they got this right!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Finally! An article about ME illustrated by a photo of a person in a wheelchair, not a tired model with immaculate make-up and blow-dried hair looking faintly weary while sitting at an office computer in her full-time job.

I already like it and I haven't even read it!

Valentijn

Just spotted this online also... For once they have a fantastic picture to go with the headline- a person in a wheelchair, and they even talk to someone who is a part time wheelchair user like so many of us have to be. So gratefult hat they got this right!
Though the person in a wheelchair is in a physical therapy office. The bars in front of them are for people relearning to walk or balance. Not that it would really help with ME patients, since our arms aren't anymore likely to support us than our legs.

But yeah, still a much better photo than usual!

Revel

Interesting point of view in the comments section to this article:

"I'm so tired of the claim "There is no treatment". There are dozens of effective treatments for CFS/ME. The access needs to be improved, but it doesn't mean that treatment doesn't exist".

Tell us more, please??

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Interesting point of view in the comments section to this article:

"I'm so tired of the claim "There is no treatment". There are dozens of effective treatments for CFS/ME. The access needs to be improved, but it doesn't mean that treatment doesn't exist".

Tell us more, please??

She is pushing her book (without actually mentioning it)

http://www.brokenmarionettebook.com/