• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hearing Perception Changes

cman89

I am on my second go around of methylation, and I am using the most recent recommendations of Freddd for my supps. The first time I tried this, I saw improvement, nothing radically different, but the side effects were rather minimal. A little bit of tooth grinding, and some "wired" feelings, but that was about it. I saw my mood elevated, and energy and alertness improved. This time around, I am having quite a few odd side effects, but the most concerning is that my intermittent Tinnitus has returned and my hearing seems to be being processed differently in my brain, as some sounds are out of whack and proportion to others. I already have a hearing loss, unrelated to my current illnesses, and so anytime I have side effects related to hearing, I become concerned. Keep in mind that this did not happen earlier in the summer when I first methylated. Can anyone weigh in on this?? Am I damaging myself unknowingly. (The positive effects of this round do include more energy)

Martial

Methyl supplements won't cause hearing loss, however make sure your vit. D is good. Low levels of vit. D can cause hearing changes and loss until reversed. Methylation increases higher demand on vit. D and other vitamins and minerals.

cman89

Methyl supplements won't cause hearing loss, however make sure your vit. D is good. Low levels of vit. D can cause hearing changes and loss until reversed. Methylation increases higher demand on vit. D and other vitamins and minerals.
Hmmm...good point. And I have had this whack stuff happen before with aspirin, concussion, etc.. and it returns, so i know its the perception and not an actual loss, but it is still not fun

Martial

methylation also helps to heal the limbic system of the brain, perhaps some of these side effects are happening because of healing? Sorry to hear about all of this though, hopefully the methyl supplements are helping to really bounce your body back 100 percent. Also something of interest have you ever looked into hypopituitarism? It can happen from things like concussions and head trauma eventually causing a lot of CFS like symptoms.

cman89

methylation also helps to heal the limbic system of the brain, perhaps some of these side effects are happening because of healing? Sorry to hear about all of this though, hopefully the methyl supplements are helping to really bounce your body back 100 percent. Also something of interest have you ever looked into hypopituitarism? It can happen from things like concussions and head trauma eventually causing a lot of CFS like symptoms.
Hmmm...I did a fair amount of investigating when my symptoms first started, given the possible concussion effect, but the Pituitary one I never saw the connection. Hmmm.... I'll look into it, thanks. And on a side note, what are your experiences with Methylation?