• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immune Support to pair with antiviral treatment

JAM

Jill
Hello Everyone,

I am having great success with olive leaf extract as an antiviral, but I think it is time to work on boosting all my systems so that I can better heal from the damage caused by a life time of chronic HHV-6/EBV infection. Currently I take black seed oil, Vitamin D, Ester-C, and just started a B-complex once a day. All at least 5x the RDA. Any suggestions for additions? Please provide links to more info if you have it. Searching for information exhausts me, and I'm writing a thesis, so you can imagine how much I hate it! :)

Thank you,
Jill

halcyon

Selenium seems to be very important in fighting certain viral infections. Some data to back this up here.

Yeast free selenomethionine seems to be a good form to take.

Gingergrrl

I take all kinds of things including Monolaurin and Epicor and am about to start AHCC mushrooms.

JAM

Jill
Thanks everyone. The OLE is taking care of the infection at this point. What I am looking for now are things to support my other systems in recovery.