• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 Keys to Rebuilding Leaky Gut: Expires in 22 hours

ahmo

Today I listened to Dr. David Perlmutter, neurologist, refer to a new dawn in brain medicine, starting with gut as the origin of brain inflammation. As of this moment of my posting, his fascinating talk is still available here: http://autoimmunesummit.com/david-perlmutter/

Yet another webinar focusing on gut health as key to many symptoms.There are products being sold here, but there also looks like a lot of good information. A 2 hour webinar, I've not listened to it.

http://solvingleakygut.com/webinar/izabella-wentz/?mc_cid=fb8ee570a8&mc_eid=d9dcac937e

[QUOTE="I listened to Dr. David Perlmutter, neurologist, refer to a new dawn in brain medicine, starting with gut as the origin of brain inflammation. As of this moment of my posting, his fascinating talk is still available here: http://autoimmunesummit.com/david-perlmutter/

Yet another webinar focusing on gut health as key to many symptoms.[/QUOTE]
This is excellent! But it's free only through 11/19/2014.
Discusses among many other things:
Gut flora relationship to umpteen diseases.
Increase in disease due to caesarian birth & mother's flora

drob31

Probiotic enema's.

This is a new concept!

He says buy an enema kit, put the probiotic pills in it, and give yourself an enema with probiotics.

He has an anecdotal account that this cured someone!

drob31

@Gloria H There's been another extension of the Autoimmmune Summit. 5 speakers, including Perlmutter, available for 1 more day. This is my link, I've been registered to the summit. Others might need to register at the main site address, autoimmunesummit.com

http://autoimmunesummit.com/v5m8z2/

Ahmo, aren't you the one who cured yourself with coffee enemas?

Have you ever tried probiotic enemas?

He also suggests fecal transplants with enemas....

ahmo

@drob31 Well, I wouldn't use the C word (cured), BUT...It's now nearly a year since this has been an ongoing practice for me. It's been the major tool of my detox. And yes, I occasionally use probiotics in the follow-up water enema. I've read of people on GAPS forums using enemas for fecal transplants. If I had some high quality poop, I'd do it in a flash!

Just yesterday I found myself feeling...I guess hung-over is probably closest, not something I have real experience of: squinty-eyed, feeling like my body was closing down, not actual head-ache, something I haven't gotten the words together to describe. I later realized this is ammonia build-up for me, I've been here before. By midway through my enema set, the bad feelings were gone. Byt the end, I felt normal enough to go out into the world.

I've put a link to my Coffee Enema blog into my signature. I've found it's the best thing I can do to support my adrenals There are links there for further info. On the saWilson site (the enema coffee guy)you'll find a library of info, including from the Gerson Institute. I believe it was Gerson who first began popularizing CEs, using them for treating cancer patients.

drob31

Have you ever tried to get a fecal culture?

I know this is crazy, but I wonder if anyone tried ingesting a fecal culture. That way it passes through your entire system and re-populates the microbiome, instead of just the colon, and part of the lower intestine.

Who knew the solution all along was to eat poop?!

drob31

@drob31 @ahmo Which probiotics would you use for probiotic enemas?

I have read that some probiotics can actually cause inflammatory reactions.

I haven't read that about probiotics, but I guess if you ingested them and they began repopulating and starting a war with bad bacteria, that would make sense.

Prescript-Assist is one of the best probiotics from what I've read. Chris Kresser recommends it.

andre79

Do they sell those capsules? It sounds extremelly gross, but when there is desperation...

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I haven't read that about probiotics, but I guess if you ingested them and they began repopulating and starting a war with bad bacteria, that would make sense.

Prescript-Assist is one of the best probiotics from what I've read. Chris Kresser recommends it.

thanks

drob31

"I became curious as to how Prescript-Assist was actually achieving such amazing results. The answer is truly astounding. As the latest publication from the Human Microbiome Project has shown, Bacteroides is by far the most predominant genus of bacteria in the human GI tract. It's estimated that out of the hundreds of strains in the GI tract, Bacteroides account for a minimum of 20%. A meta-survey of hundreds of people across all ethnicities again showed that Bacteroides was the predominant genus in the gut. And Prescript-Assist is the ONLY, I repeat, the ONLY probiotic on the market that contains Bacteroides bacteria. Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus are useless unless you're interested in making cheese. They only show up in relatively minor numbers in the GI tract. So this is why Prescript-Assist is changing people's lives. It's providing the actual dominant bacteria in the GI tract. The science is just now catching up, and eventually products will be available that are specifically designed based on the native bacterial population make-up of the GI tract, but right now Prescript-Assist is the best option out there. These latest studies just came out in 2012 so this is very cutting-edge science. But it is very exciting. By providing the actual dominant bacterial genus of the healthy GI tract, astonishing results can be achieved with Prescript-Assist. The science supports it! "

http://www.amazon.com/Prescript-Ass...ebiotic-Complex/dp/B00JB2GOFI#customerReviews

drob31

Thanks again @drob31 ....I didn't know this about Bacteroides. Did you personally find it really helpful?

This is only anecdotal at this point, and that's a quote from someone on amazon who uses it.

I just started taking it along with resistant starch yesterday since I just finished a 2 week course of antibiotics. It sounds like opening 3-4 caps of it and dumping it in the enema fluid would be ideal if your gut is really bad though.

I'll also add glutamine to repair the gut lining, and also the autoimmune diet.

I don't think diet gets talked about enough, honestly.