• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

once a week cyanocobalamin ok?

fibrodude84

I have the MTHFR mutation. I know cyanocobalamin isn't good and I take a daily methyl b12 but is it ok to also take a weekly cyanocobalamin injection?

I heard cyanocobalamin can decrease b12 in those with the mutation but I also think the injections are helping me feel a bit better. I can't find any that carry methyl b12 by injection and I don't want it compounded because that seems unsterile.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I took some small doses orally for a few months and it helped me, did not seem to harm me. That's all I know.

PeterPositive

People like Freddd who has written a lot about his methylation protocol often reported how cyano-B12 and hydroxy-B12 quickly caused worsening of his conditions.

If you're finding it to be helpful that's in itself a positive sign. Just keep monitoring your symptoms or keep a symptom journal so that you can track your progress.

I too have MTHFR C677++ and I don't do injections. I try to keep my B12 levels up with sublingual Methyl-B12 and Adenosyl-B12

Do you also take methylfolate along with the B12? It's important in order to avoid falling into methyl-block. In simple words, the two work together to keep your methyl-cycle spinning. The lack of one can stop the whole process.

cheers

fibrodude84

I do take the methyl dail too. Why do you take adeno? Isn't methyl the ultimate product your body converts to anyway?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Adeno is also an active B12... required by the body. Some people can make it, some people need to take it. There is not much specific science on the matter of what to take, other than the experiments we conduct on ourself

PeterPositive

I do take the methyl dail too. Why do you take adeno? Isn't methyl the ultimate product your body converts to anyway?
Basically methyl-B12 and adeno-B12 have different functions. In some study I've seen time ago they gave methyl-B12 to a group of people and later measured their urinary MMA status. MMA depends on adeno-B12 and some of those patients indeed had an improved status, showing that mehtyl-B12 was converted to adeno-B12.

Unfortunately not all people did show this improvement, indicating that methyl-B12 alone might not be sufficient for everyone. In my case when I added adeno-B12 I had a nice improvement in energy, although I can't say about my MMA because I never tested it. I am still trying to find the right dosage, I have went up to ~8mg with positive effects.

Freddd also talked about an interesting anti inflammatory effects of adenosyl-B12:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...min-the-very-large-gorilla-in-the-room.20229/

I love my holistic doctor. He said to get the weekly cyano injection. I had a few and they helped. I want to try it in pill form next.