• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive...

Some information on Boron which is a derivative of Borax (not the laundry soap which is boric acid)...

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
Due to their content of boron, borax and boric acid have basically the same health effects, with good antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral properties but only mild antibacterial action. In plants as well as animals boron is essential for the integrity and function of cell walls, and the way signals are transmitted across membranes.
Boron is distributed throughout the body with the highest concentration in the parathyroid glands, followed by bones and dental enamel. It is essential for healthy bone and joint function, regulating the absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus through its influence on the parathyroid glands. With this boron is for the parathyroids what iodine is for the thyroid.
Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive, releasing too much parathyroid hormone which raises the blood level of calcium by releasing calcium from bones and teeth. This then leads to osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis, osteoporosis and tooth decay. With advancing age high blood levels of calcium lead to calcification of soft tissues causing muscle contractions and stiffness; calcification of endocrine glands, especially the pineal gland and the ovaries; arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, and calcification of the kidneys ultimately leading to kidney failure. Boron deficiency combined with magnesium deficiency is especially damaging to the bones and teeth.

knackers323

Can someone please copy the last post made by jinni73 at ats. Com in the thread, Chronic fatigue syndrome and the scandal of medical ignorance. So we can discuss it please

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I was definitely having an ME moment last week. :ill: The Tetra-Boron I take for my osteoporosis is boron. I haven't notices anything since starting to take it. I started it allow with a list of osteoporosis supplements.

brenda

I started borax a few days ago. I am taking 1 teaspn in 1 litre water, mixed well then 1 teaspn of that. The first dose had an effect a few hours later which is always a good sign for me, then the second dose taken 2 days later (to build up slowly to 3 teaspn daily) has triggered a herx reaction.

Gondwanaland

My multimineral has 2mg of Boron chelate in it. I have been taking it for a month now and noticed lowered serotonin and lowered dopamine when I took the multimin too close to the B complex. Will take them some hours apart from now on.