• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFIDS Association updates

jspotila

Dr. Suzanne Vernon will give a webinar on February 18th about the Association's approach to expanding research and its research grants.

The FAQ at the CFIDS Association has been updated.

The February CFIDS Link includes articles on the Association's efforts to make CFS a research area fundable by the Department of Defense, research on post-exertional malaise, the CFSAC's official recommendations from its October meeting, and more.

A

anne

Dear Jennie,

If I willed my imaginary vast fortune to the CAA do you think I could get them to stop using the word "webinar"? The English language is a beautiful thing and torturing it in front of a vulnerable group of people seems so uncharacteristically cruel of such a caring organization. Every time I see the word, I have to go down in the kitchen and stick a fork in my eye, and that's causing some stress, not only physically, but in my marriage--not to mention my optometrist bills.

Yours, entreatingly,
Anne

jspotila

It's a word, I swear!

Ack! I know the word is not in my OED but even PBS is using it now! Put down the fork and slowly back away . . .:Retro tongue:

Lily

*Believe*
Ack! I know the word is not in my OED but even PBS is using it now! Put down the fork and slowly back away . . .:Retro tongue:

I can back you up, Jennie.:D:D It's real and a very commonly used term even back before I had to quit working. Truly legit;) No need for the fork, Anne, you poor thing!:worried:

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Dear Anne,

Perhaps this clip suggests a solution to your eye problems:

[video=youtube;nqMc9B7uDV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8[/video]

None of the above is intended as medical advice