• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anxiety, wired, overheating, mood swings... anyone?

alice111

Hi all,
as the title says - I have been experiencing severe anxiety that comes with a wired energy, overheating/ hot flashes, and major mood swings.. crying for no reason.. etc.
i am wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on how to deal with this?

does anyone else get this cluster of symptoms together?

the one benefit is that my OI and energy improve... but it's a big price to pay... and i feel pretty awful. also, the "wired" anxiety makes it very difficult to rest which leads to crashing :(
I used to think that these symptoms were hormonal as they seemed to correlate with PMS, but now it seems to be just whenever, day after day...
any input would be greatly appreciated!

taniaaust1

I have been experiencing severe anxiety that comes with a wired energy, overheating/ hot flashes, and major mood swings.. crying for no reason.. etc.
i am wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions on how to deal with this?

I can get those symptoms cluster together but that symptom cluster only even happens to me when Im having a bad ME crash... it sometimes comes with actual fever for me too (and a sore throat can happen at times with it as well). My OI doesnt improve with it symptom wise thou(eg OI headache, dizziness, nausea) but my energy can a little more with the wired feel but its often completely disasterous if I try to use that energy as I just then crash worst.

JAM

Jill
Hi all,
as the title says - I have been experiencing severe anxiety that comes with a wired energy, overheating/ hot flashes, and major mood swings.. crying for no reason.. etc.

the one benefit is that my OI and energy improve... but it's a big price to pay... and i feel pretty awful. also, the "wired" anxiety makes it very difficult to rest which leads to crashing :(
I used to think that these symptoms were hormonal as they seemed to correlate with PMS, but now it seems to be just whenever, day after day...
any input would be greatly appreciated!
I have had that cluster. Have you been tested for HHV-6/EBV? That is my diagnosis, and those symptoms are becoming more and more rare as I get the viruses under control.

jerrymcfadyen

I've got all the same symptoms as well and I'm pretty sure it's not PMS.
I also have HHV-6/EBV which seems to be a common thread with these symptoms.
I take an antidepressant which helps with the mood swings but have found nothing that helps the anxiety or overheating. I keep a small fan by my side all the time so that I can cool down without freezing my wife out completely.

ahmo

That pretty well describes my long-term tendency. All my healing has made incremental shifts in this. Particularly B12/folate, and then a major shift with clearing my adrenals during a long-term detox. Lithium was a big help for the mood swings. Seems it also helps B12 absorption. Sorry you're in this state.:hug:

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I am going to start a private message. Don't want to take over the thread.

?????
This thread is about giving input into what works for these symptoms. There may be others here that benefit from your experience as to what works for these symptoms. I have had all these symptoms at one time or another. They would come and go. They have mostly resolved on their own over time except the over heating. I've been known to open the windows at night in the dead of winter in order to achieve anything like sleep. I would have sought help for the other symptoms at the time but knew from previous experience there would be no help from medicine and it was before I found access to this site.

JAM

Jill
?????
This thread is about giving input into what works for these symptoms. There may be others here that benefit from your experience as to what works for these symptoms. I have had all these symptoms at one time or another. They would come and go. They have mostly resolved on their own over time except the over heating. I've been known to open the windows at night in the dead of winter in order to achieve anything like sleep. I would have sought help for the other symptoms at the time but knew from previous experience there would be no help from medicine and it was before I found access to this site.
Olive Leaf Extract. I said private thread because I feel like I'm becoming a bit of an evangelist about the stuff and don't want to be annoying about it. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about my experience thus far.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Olive Leaf Extract. I said private thread because I feel like I'm becoming a bit of an evangelist about the stuff and don't want to be annoying about it. I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about my experience thus far.
Thank you! That reminds me that I have a bottle stashed away that I've been meaning to start.

CantThink

I'm interested in it - seen you mention it before but didn't think you were becoming annoying! I am thinking to get some and try it. Do you get a die off reaction from taking it?

CantThink

I've been known to open the windows at night in the dead of winter in order to achieve anything like sleep.

That's how I am. It seems more of an obvious issue for me at night than in the day, although I do sometimes have hot flashes. Weirdly the night thing only started last year. I'd be so hot I'd sleep on top of my bed, but conversely I also would have the super cold issue sometimes. I related this to my thyroid issues... But maybe it isn't them at all. So confusing.

halcyon

@Hip has put together a stack that he has found to work well for anxiety. I've not read through his entire thread about it but I'm sure others probably have found it helpful as well. If you check out his profile page he has some other threads on the topic as well.

If you want to try a quick fix, make sure you are getting plenty of a good form of magnesium. I've found magnesium glycinate or citrate help to diminish my anxiety symptoms to a relatively tolerable level.

JAM

Jill
I'm interested in it - seen you mention it before but didn't think you were becoming annoying! I am thinking to get some and try it. Do you get a die off reaction from taking it?
Good to know, thank you.

Yes, I did get a die off type reaction from it, for three months. Then I stopped upping the dose and it stopped.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit

Not to worry about the feeling like the evangelist for OLE. I vaguely remember there were currently some threads mentioning this but who it was talking about it was completely forgotten due to brain fog.

Could you give me an idea as to the kind of dose you needed and did it affect any other symptoms besides the ones alice111 is trying to treat?