• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dupuytren’s Disease?

Helen

... or "the Viking disease" as it is called in Sweden. Most frequent in Scandinavia compared to the world, and here there is an injection treatment that people witness is highly effective and a quick treatment so @brenda I hope this could help you too. Earlier you often noticed this disease when you shook hands with elderly men in my country but never nowadays, so the treatment seems to work. FWIW

Same here, not too advanced. My grandmother's hand was curled tight. I am looking at your SNPs and I see some similarities.
Seems to be associated with the Wnt Signalling Pathway as well
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21732829

Wondering if you could look up your SNPs for these:
FRZB - Rs7775 - (I am C,G)
WNT2 - Rs4730775 - (I am T,T)
WNT7B - Rs6519955 - (I am T,T)

I think I am homozygous for all of these. For more on the Wnt pathway:
https://www.mdc-berlin.de/8163894/e...12-keeping_the_right_balance_-_new_insights_i

brenda

FRZB - Rs7775 - (I am C,G) GG
WNT2 - Rs4730775 - (I am T,T) CT
WNT7B - Rs6519955 - (I am T,T) no call.

Thanks for the link.

ahmo

Mine began when I was about 40 yo. Maternal grandfather had it severely, possibly father, tho I'm unsure, one brother. After 14 years finger of one hand had 45 degree bend, both palms severely affected, small nodule under one foot. I went to Switzerland for needle treatment, which relieved the worst of it. A year later had another treatment. There was still significant residual contracture.

9 years following this procedure I began GAPS diet. By the end of the second week gluten/dairy-free, I stepped away from my disbelief: all the remaining contractures had melted. My hands now would be unremarkable to anyone who didn't know , except for the deformed trigger finger I hadn't had treated in time, and remains crooked.

FRZB: 288326 GG; 7775 CC
WNT2 rs4730775(T;T) rs2896218(A;A)
WNT7B none

*GG*

Anyone here have it? Or ever have trouble with plantar fasciitis? Looking to compare some genes.

Yes, have history of Plantar Fascitis, better in the past, but the few bike rides I did this summer aggravated it, and still feeling it some. Have not had much done in regards to genetic testing, so not going to be able to help in that regard.

GG

Valentijn

I had Plantar Fasciitis starting about 8 years ago. I don't have any problems with it currently because I don't stand or walk much ... maybe I should thank the ME for that :rolleyes: My mother also has it.

I also have a big flat bump in the center of each foot near the heel, starting sometime in the past year or so. Maybe plantar fibromas or Plantar Fibromatosis.