• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBS C699T ?

According to Dr Amy: "Since the use of B6 also increases CBS activity,it’s not an ideal supplement for those with particular CBS mutations (such as CBS C699T or CBS A360A). For this reason, it’s best to get CBS in better balance before adding B6."

I have heterozygous mutations of this gene. Given what Dr. Amy says, how should this be addressed?

Thanks

Valentijn

According to Dr Amy: "Since the use of B6 also increases CBS activity,it’s not an ideal supplement for those with particular CBS mutations (such as CBS C699T or CBS A360A). For this reason, it’s best to get CBS in better balance before adding B6."

I have heterozygous mutations of this gene. Given what Dr. Amy says, how should this be addressed?
CBS C699T +/+ has a small impact, and the actual research regarding it so far shows that it's only beneficial. +/- probably has no significant impact, and wouldn't be anything to worry about even if it had the same impact as +/+.