• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lancet retracts 1998 paper linking vaccine and autism

natasa778

Coming late to this thread, on one is reading probably but just a note to Elliot:

for any credible info on autism, forget wiki (see ME Agenda's emails on wiki, if you think that is bad, autism editing is 100 times worse)

there is evidence of genetic involvement in autism, yes absolutely. In less 5% of cases!!! Those are the monogenetic disorders such as fragile x etc which have autism as phenotype. Everything else is PURE speculation, with NOT A SINGLE REPLICATION study out there. So if someone come across say xxx serotonin gene susceptiblity, millions are spend to replicate but results are always always zero.

All the studies that ‘disprove’ autism-vaccine links have been funded by either pharma or governments (which have even bigger stakes in this than pharma, just imagine). All of those studies have been epidemiological. Not a single biological study out there. Not a single epidemilogical study without dodgy exclusion criterial.

Not a SINGLE study out there that looked at vaccines in combination. All the ‘debunking’ studies were done on single vaccines. Vaccines are hardly ever/never administered to children singly!

There has never ever been an attempt to officially compare autism rates in unvaccinated versus vaccinated populations. Ever.

Talk about tobacco science.

Now consider this: HIV causes autism in 30-50% of infected children. The severity of symptoms are directly correlated to HIV viral load and CD4+ numbers.

The HIV viral load goes up dramatically following vaccines.

Oh, and another one. Immunosupressed individuals do not mount sufficient immune responses to live virus vaccines. Multiple studies have shown it is possible for live virus vaccines to escape attacks, establish permanency and revert to virulence in immunsupressed hosts (including in the GI tract, where live virus from polio vaccine was found alive and well decades after immunisation in HIV+ children). Think.

In the real world not one child ever undergoes tests to establish immune competence before it is administered multiple vaccines, including live ones, in a single setting. Immunosupression may not manifest itself in obvious ways, and even when there are indications, the child would be immunised anyway by an average pediatrician out there….

Think about these.

Then read about all the biomedical abnormalities found in autism (not, you will not read about those on wiki :)) And then think some more.

"Herd immunity is great until your calf is stricken down and sacrifised" (Kim)

natasa778

another note to Elliot

B
Bernadine Healy: We Need Answers (CBS Video)

This CBS interview with Dr. Bernadine Healy, former head of the National Institutes of Health -- raises fundamental questions about the safety of vaccines in a vulnerable subset of children, and whether those vaccines might trigger autism. "The question has not been answered," she tells Sharyl Attkisson.

http://www.ageofautism.com/paul-offit-is-wrong-dr-he.html

But I totally understand where you are coming from. It is much easier to believe in absolute, in "science has spoken" religion that provides clear (lazy) answers. It is just too incomprehensible to think that we could be destroying a whole generation ... Most people prefer not to. Think. Much easier to take your ready off-the-shelf-answers from trigger-happy science blogs.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
makes me wonder what's being covered up, there's now a vaccine link to autism, ME/CFS & Gulf War Syndrome

do the medical authorities already know vaccines are contaminated with XMRV?

The belief is that vaccines generally contain Mercury in them.

Frickly

Excellent post Natasa....I agree and have said it over and over again.....Herd immunity is a perfectly reasonable notion until your childs life is ruined. We don't have to sacrifice these children. The CFS community and Autism community are in the same battle. There is much at stake for those who want to deny these problems. If xmrv turns out to be a factor in both diseases it is my hope that these two communities can start working together.

"It is just too incomprehensible to think that we could be destroying a whole generation ... Most people prefer not to." This is the reality Natasa, and is so frightening.

Coming late to this thread, on one is reading probably but just a note to Elliot:

for any credible info on autism, forget wiki (see ME Agenda's emails on wiki, if you think that is bad, autism editing is 100 times worse)

there is evidence of genetic involvement in autism, yes absolutely. In less 5% of cases!!! Those are the monogenetic disorders such as fragile x etc which have autism as phenotype. Everything else is PURE speculation, with NOT A SINGLE REPLICATION study out there. So if someone come across say xxx serotonin gene susceptiblity, millions are spend to replicate but results are always always zero.

All the studies that ‘disprove’ autism-vaccine links have been funded by either pharma or governments (which have even bigger stakes in this than pharma, just imagine). All of those studies have been epidemiological. Not a single biological study out there. Not a single epidemilogical study without dodgy exclusion criterial.

Not a SINGLE study out there that looked at vaccines in combination. All the ‘debunking’ studies were done on single vaccines. Vaccines are hardly ever/never administered to children singly!

There has never ever been an attempt to officially compare autism rates in unvaccinated versus vaccinated populations. Ever.

Talk about tobacco science.

Now consider this: HIV causes autism in 30-50% of infected children. The severity of symptoms are directly correlated to HIV viral load and CD4+ numbers.

The HIV viral load goes up dramatically following vaccines.

Oh, and another one. Immunosupressed individuals do not mount sufficient immune responses to live virus vaccines. Multiple studies have shown it is possible for live virus vaccines to escape attacks, establish permanency and revert to virulence in immunsupressed hosts (including in the GI tract, where live virus from polio vaccine was found alive and well decades after immunisation in HIV+ children). Think.

In the real world not one child ever undergoes tests to establish immune competence before it is administered multiple vaccines, including live ones, in a single setting. Immunosupression may not manifest itself in obvious ways, and even when there are indications, the child would be immunised anyway by an average pediatrician out there….

Think about these.

Then read about all the biomedical abnormalities found in autism (not, you will not read about those on wiki :)) And then think some more.

"Herd immunity is great until your calf is stricken down and sacrifised" (Kim)

Athene

ihateticks.me
Thank you Natasa778 for that very informative and well explained post.
We need people to speak out rationally on this subject.

meandthecat

If Herd immunity is supposed to protect the undeserving unvaccinated members to the cost of the responsible members who carry the risk of vaccination. Then at least those upright citizens should gain immunity and a certain smugness; but this doesn't seem to be the case with mass vaccinations such as MMR where the best one can say is that any protection is achieved via attenuation of the virus rather than immunity. I presume that this is due to the cost.
We are being led into a position where long term natural immunity is replaced by partial and short term protection which will require regular boosters and a forced evolution of the virus leading to ever more virulent and exotic forms. Which direction is this herd headed ?

Frickly

We are being led into a position where long term natural immunity is replaced by partial and short term protection which will require regular boosters and a forced evolution of the virus leading to ever more virulent and exotic forms. Which direction is this herd headed ?

This is also a concern of mine. I am sure most of us have heard the saying "Don't mess with mother nature". I would be surprised if we did not have negative consequences and think we may already being seeing some of them. I wish I would have known a few years ago what I know now. I think it would have been better for my children to get the chicken pox and develop a natural immunity. The fact that it is suppressed naturally by occasional contact with chicken pox is interesting because shingles is so rampant in senior citizens right now and it is unfortunate that our senior citizens are dying from it. But hey....the pharmaceutical companies are making lots of money so thats all that matters. Hmmm......

This is another disease continuum that bothers me. There are still no accepted biomarkers for autism outside of subjective (if more demonstrable) behavior observations. Outside of UC Davis saying to start looking at environmental factors (in California anyway), there's been little progress these last 25 years. I've read on the net that Dr. Singh at Utah State found measles in a gut biopsy from a child after an MMR vaccine; after disclosing that, his funding dried up.

The doc who first Dxed me sees commonality in autistic kids and ME/CFS (www.nids.net - I don't know how active they are anymore). My nephew approaching 30 with Aspergers seems to be developing the fatigue crashes of CFIDS. In a friend's family, mito'/autism runs genetically via the wife's mom's side. Her sister has Aspergers. After their first child developed autism, she was very concerned about the vaccinations and spread them further apart. For their first daughter, knock on wood, it may have worked. Their second daughter developed and passed away from full-blown mito' within five years. Soon after, either an infection and/or drug reaction kicked off mito' in the wife, making her the passenger in the special van they'd gotten for her daughter.

The spreading out - or bunching up - could be a factor iin autism as it may well have been in GWI. If everyone stops vaccinating, we'll have people dropping in droves from polio. (Iron lungs on an HMO? Right.) On the other hand, I myself got only the normal flu vaccine this year (may have not done any good) and skipped H1N1. Of course, a lot of CFSers don't even risk a yearly flu shot. From what I understand, thimerosal was removed from nearly all vaccines, while President Bush slipped liability coverage for the manufacturers into (of all places) the Patriot Act. Ironically, the annual flu shot remains a notable exception, supposedly because it must be preserved for wide and lengthly distribution to your neighborhood drug mart; the inhaled version without thimerosal is much harder to obtain.

If anyone ever gets to read The Virus and the Vaccine, it's an excellent take on the underside of polio vaccine development, even though Salk and Sabin were heroes in their own right. Practically the sole "believer" that SV-40 doesn't cause cancer in humans is the U.S. government. As with CFS, short-sighted epidemiology studies were the government's first-line response. Rather than admit that even some people are sick and figure out why, bury the problem in self-selected statistics to prove no one's sick.

I think vaccines are the main area where the public is finally coming around as to how corrupted medicine has become. At least in the States, the vaccine companies (mostly European) have lost a lot of public trust - which hardly phases them. As Dr. Mikovits has admitted, already they're ringing her phone over XMRV, and my guess is this is why Hillary Johnson wrote that last fall's meetings in D.C. seemed to concern the 4% healthy-carriers than us. Bigger market.