• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What next?

Johnmac

I've been on the Freddd protocol for seven weeks, and have had some nice changes:

Gut much more stable
Brainfog gone
Sleep 2 hours less per night
No more fatigue
Gained 3 kg (good)
Libido much higher
Halved hydrocortisone dose to 10mg/day
Better blood-sugar response (less knocked around by carbs)
Improved motor skills, e.g. typing
Better exercise tolerance

My psoriasis faded, but I had to cut the LCF back after a crash, & it came back.

I had some tolerable start-up effects (now mostly gone), and have had two bad crashes: caused by way too much LCF, & possibly too much m-folate.

I cut back on everything after the crashes (especially those 2) and am now on:

.5mg mB12 three times a day
200mcg m-folate three times a day
100mg LCF twice a day
10g AdoCbl once a week
+ base supps, potassium, etc

What next? I'm very happy with this progress. But I could still use a better mood, no psoriasis, and to be more sociable. Do I increase, or just wait?

Martial

It can really take some time for full healing, its also a very up and down process. Just keep trucking along and eventually it will be an even steadier path towards healing.

Johnmac

Thanks Martial. Yes, I'm in no hurry. The question was whether ramping up doses is integral to the protocol?

Or, on the other hand, as I am improving on low doses, is it better to just wait for more of that?

BTW: Re a previous thread: you said "Any methyl b12 supplement always needs to be taken on an empty stomach this is because it promotes optimal absorption rate, if you take it with food then it will not be processed as well because the stomach will be digesting other things."

But doesn't the sublingual mB12 go straight to the bloodstream, bypassing the stomach?

Martial

Thanks Martial. Yes, I'm in no hurry. The question was whether ramping up doses is integral to the protocol?

Or, on the other hand, as I am improving on low doses, is it better to just wait for more of that?

BTW: Re a previous thread: you said "Any methyl b12 supplement always needs to be taken on an empty stomach this is because it promotes optimal absorption rate, if you take it with food then it will not be processed as well because the stomach will be digesting other things."

But doesn't the sublingual mB12 go straight to the bloodstream, bypassing the stomach?

@undcvr LCF is L carnatine fumarate.

Yes, its more ideal to take without food, although it bypasses several processes in the body, it still has to go through the liver bypassing the gastrointestinal tract will mean more is absorbed. However if the liver and kidneys are processing other things then it could cause less absorption that way. At least from my understanding of what I looked into so far. There was another forum about b12 deficiency i visited before as well, all the people there also mentioned the importance of taking b12 on an empty stomach even methy form, they don't use the others. Also something about taking the methyl folate 20 minutes after b12? I am not sure the purpose of that but its what I do.

undcvr

Psoriasis sounds like you cud up your thyroid activity a bit, u cud add Se to what you are taking now and a little Iodine but Se is more important for thyroid.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Johnmac I didn't know LCF helped psoriasis? I just added back in since I read it's good for cardiovascular stuff. If it helps my psoriasis even better since it's been out of control since I've been attacking viruses.

aturtles

As I recall, Freddd says that the order of Active B12s and L-MTHF depends on what you're trying to accomplish; the L-MTHF first helps absorb B12s. You should review the Freddd protocol and judge for yourself. (See my sig for the guide if you don't have it.)

That said, we are all different. VERY different, and your mileage may vary.

I think more important is to break the L-MTHF across the day into multiple doses, because of the very short serum life. You want a steady state of L-MTHF if you can get it. I take 4 doses of L-MTHF a day, 4 hours apart, on an empty stomach if I can, and I follow each one by B12s, by about 45 minutes, which is what I got out of my study of the Freddd protocol and my particular needs.

As for whether ramping up is essential, again, I suggest you re-read the protocol and judge for yourself.

I don't worry about an empty stomach for B12s because my understanding is that only a small amount gets absorbed through the stomach at all, depending on the person, which is why we do sublinguals in the first place. (I'm going to try lungs next. Very exciting.) But @Martial might be right, especially at low doses. At my levels I don't think it much matters.

LCF is important. If you're not taking it, I recommend it strongly; it is one of the Deadlock Quartet. It made a huge difference to me.

The protocol is working for me. I ramped up VERY fast for various reasons. I'm currently at L-MTHF 15mg, MeCbl 20mg (sublingual, or spray); AdoCbl 10mg. LCF 800mg -- just to give you some perspective.

Johnmac

I suppose I'm in the strange position of improving a lot on very small doses (for which I'm very grateful). And I continue to improve on those doses - e.g. since the above post my temps are rising, despite lowering my hydrocortisone from 20 to 10mg.

And I'm wondering if I should be doing anything else, or just leaving good enough alone?