• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supraphysiological dose Fluoxetine Enteroviruses?

I was wondering if anyone here has been on a dose of Fluoxetine (Prozac) at a dose of 40mg or more for 6 months or more?

I definitely find as many do that SSRIs worsen many symptoms, but if this drug is active against Coxsaachie B as research suggested then there may be a chance that patients carry a variant of which replication could be inhibited...

Please share any experiences!

halcyon

Forum member @Patrick* just reported over on his blog that Dr. Chia recommended a trial of Prozac for enterovirus, but he didn't mention the dose that was prescribed. You can post a comment over on his blog and he'll probably respond.

Personally, I took Prozac many years ago before becoming ill. It was more or less impossible to sleep for the week that I tried it.

Ema

I don't think there is any such thing as a physiological dose of Prozac. All dosing would be pharmacological. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Prozac deficiency! :)

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
Forum member @Patrick* just reported over on his blog that Dr. Chia recommended a trial of Prozac for enterovirus, but he didn't mention the dose that was prescribed. You can post a comment over on his blog and he'll probably respond.

Personally, I took Prozac many years ago before becoming ill. It was more or less impossible to sleep for the week that I tried it.

Hi Halcyon. The dose is 20mg, 1x per day.

I haven't started this trial yet but will soon...