• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Relief from Pain & Fatigue!!

RestingInHim

Realist
Unbelievably...I'm experiencing a turnaround with my pain and fatigue! I am so grateful!! And just in time to help my daughter, who is 8 months pregnant, get settled in her new house!

Two factors...no three...that I believe have led to this wonderful respite:
1) after being on Cymbalta for the pain for 2 1/2 years...and realizing it has lost its effectiveness after several months of unrelenting pain...my doc has switched me to Lyrica. it will take a month to gradually build up to a full dose, then i will be gradually cutting down on Cymbalta until i'm off of it. so, i'm praying i will stay at my current pain level or better when this process is complete. i know for people with chemical depression...their antidepresants become ineffective after some time, and they have to switch them...at least that's the experience of my friend.
2) i was able to return to my physical therapist for strain counterstrain therapy last week, receiving three treatments. my treatments should be completed after about 3 more visits. i had to stop them before the holidays because i became so ill, and it is an hour-and-a-half drive. fortunately, i was able to stay in the area last week and get the treatments without driving back-and-forth, and i have friends who have offered to drive me for the remainding appointments
3) but certainly not last...the grace of God!!

would appreciate hearing from those who have had similar experiences and how it turned out. of course...always appreciate any comments!

still resting....and extremely thankful! :balloons:

G

George

That's really Lovely. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding relief from your pain. I've had pain (I consider it mild) since I was 6 and was always amazed at the relief and energy I had when I'd have to take a pain med. It's a really nice boost.

Good luck and I hope the Lyrica works longer and keeps working harder.

kat0465

Unbelievably...I'm experiencing a turnaround with my pain and fatigue! I am so grateful!! And just in time to help my daughter, who is 8 months pregnant, get settled in her new house!

Two factors...no three...that I believe have led to this wonderful respite:
1) after being on Cymbalta for the pain for 2 1/2 years...and realizing it has lost its effectiveness after several months of unrelenting pain...my doc has switched me to Lyrica. it will take a month to gradually build up to a full dose, then i will be gradually cutting down on Cymbalta until i'm off of it. so, i'm praying i will stay at my current pain level or better when this process is complete. i know for people with chemical depression...their antidepresants become ineffective after some time, and they have to switch them...at least that's the experience of my friend.
2) i was able to return to my physical therapist for strain counterstrain therapy last week, receiving three treatments. my treatments should be completed after about 3 more visits. i had to stop them before the holidays because i became so ill, and it is an hour-and-a-half drive. fortunately, i was able to stay in the area last week and get the treatments without driving back-and-forth, and i have friends who have offered to drive me for the remainding appointments
3) but certainly not last...the grace of God!!

would appreciate hearing from those who have had similar experiences and how it turned out. of course...always appreciate any comments!

still resting....and extremely thankful! :balloons:

Restinginhim,
I'm so glad your pain has lessened!! that is a major blessing! and just in time, congrats on the grand babie thats coming!!!
God is so good, he's never early, never late, But he's always right on time!!!:Retro smile:
I have had some good luck with LDN for pain,so i can relate. It's a blessing to be able to cope with the pain now.
{{Hugs}} Kat

RestingInHim

Realist
That's really Lovely. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding relief from your pain. I've had pain (I consider it mild) since I was 6 and was always amazed at the relief and energy I had when I'd have to take a pain med. It's a really nice boost.

Good luck and I hope the Lyrica works longer and keeps working harder.

Thank you, George. Wow...pain since you were 6! Is your story somewhere on the forum? I'll check out your blog.

Blessings to you too!

still resting....

RestingInHim

Realist
Restinginhim,
I'm so glad your pain has lessened!! that is a major blessing! and just in time, congrats on the grand babie thats coming!!!
God is so good, he's never early, never late, But he's always right on time!!!:Retro smile:
I have had some good luck with LDN for pain,so i can relate. It's a blessing to be able to cope with the pain now.
{{Hugs}} Kat

Hi Kat!

Thanks for rejoicing with me...and for the congrats on the grandbaby! She'll be my 6th...and 5th girl!

What is LDN? So glad you are experiencing relief thru too!! A blessing, for sure!! Praying more will also find relief.

Hugs!

kat0465

Hi Kat!

Thanks for rejoicing with me...and for the congrats on the grandbaby! She'll be my 6th...and 5th girl!

What is LDN? So glad you are experiencing relief thru too!! A blessing, for sure!! Praying more will also find relief.

Hugs!

Wow, you lucky girl!! 6 Grandbabies:Retro tongue: im still waiting for just one,lol.maybe one day.
LN is a compounded med, it's an immune modulator, some docs have been using it for all kinds of diseases. punch it in on the search bar, theres a lot of info on it.
{{Hugs}}
Kat