• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovits seminar at Cornell Friday, Feb. 5, 2010

K

_Kim_

Dr Judy's lecture is TODAY. :victory: Does anyone know anyone who is able to attend and report back?

Thanks. :Retro smile:

Scroll back CG, Advocate announced that the lecture is NOT open to the public a few posts before yours.

Countrygirl

Scroll back CG, Advocate announced that the lecture is NOT open to the public a few posts before yours.[/
QUOTE]
Thanks, Kim. I did...I'm just being an optimist! Someone might just know.....okay.......so nobody does. :tear: I'll put my optimism to bed.

It's the unpublished data I want to know about!!

Anyone going to slip on a white-coat and sneak in for us? A bugging opperation?

parvofighter

Oh Puhleez

I'm still in this crash, feeling brutal, but would feel worse if I didn't say something. Esther, what the SAM HILL were you thinking by writing something so inflammatory?:confused: Let me get this straight:

1. We've been advised that the Cornell Mikovits talk is a private one, in which Dr Mikovits can openly discuss potentially unpublished XMRV materials. Private, so they can accelerate the science forward without premature disclosures.
  2. We're well aware that many people view these pages, and members of the public (i.e. us) have been discreetly asked to please not attend the Cornell talk, to allow science to progress. Surely you realize that scientific synergy is good for this patient community?
  3. You openly - no blatantly - post the following:
It's the unpublished data I want to know about!!
Anyone going to slip on a white-coat and sneak in for us? A bugging opperation?
Esther, shame on you for being so inflammatory. It is immaterial whether your post was a tasteless joke, an intentional goading of XMRV researchers, or just a male blonde moment. Your post gives all of us patients a bad name. Please shake your head. Consider that your post comes across as a bizarre, tasteless, and unprofessional "call to arms". And show a little insight and restraint. The last thing patients want to do is to alienate the very researchers who are pulling us out of the dark ages.

Posting inflammatory and public comments on this forum that transparently encourage patients to flout the explicit, and very reasonable requests of the researchers that are most helping us patients is beyond bizarre -it's destructive. After all, you want CFS patients to get quality, evidence-based diagnostics and care. Don't you?:thumbsup:

kurt

Esther,
What you are suggesting would be against the rules of that presentation (and not very ethical) and any reports like that on this forum would have to be deleted.

Parvofighter,
The comment of Esther does not justify a personal attack. Please just comment on the problem and do not berate a person making a comment like that.

Also, a personal opinion, I disagree about Esther's comment being inflammatory, it was maybe ill considered, that's all.

Lily

*Believe*
Esther,
What you are suggesting would be against the rules of that presentation (and not very ethical) and any reports like that on this forum would have to be deleted.

Parvofighter,
The comment of Esther does not justify a personal attack. Please just comment on the problem and do not berate a person making a comment like that.

Also, a personal opinion, I disagree about Esther's comment being inflammatory, it was maybe ill considered, that's all.

Oh dear - When I read those earlier I thought Esther and Parvofighter were both kidding.......was I really that far off??? Seriously???? :confused::ashamed:

Oh dear - When I read those earlier I thought Esther and Parvofighter were both kidding.......was I really that far off??? Seriously???? :confused::ashamed:

I was certainly kidding!

I thought parvofighter was satirising my comments from another thread too (and doing a rather good job of it).

I wasn't really encouraging CFS patients to set up a spy ring!