• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NT Factor Energy Lipids vs. BioBody PC?

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I have mitochondrial damage. I think my cell membranes need healing before methylation will work well.

I am curious about NT Factor Energy Lipids (not cheap) and BioBody PC (really expensive). Has anyone tried one or both? Can you please share your experiences?

Do they have different effects... or are they "more or less the same thing - absorbable PC" made by different companies?

Is BodyBio PC "that much better" to justify the much higher cost?

Can someone on a budget similar get results with NT Factor Energy Lipids?

Last edited:

halcyon

I have only tried NT Factor so far but I'm interested in trying BioBody PC as well at some point. In terms of ingredients, NT Factor has some additional things (PS, PG, PA, DGDG, and MGDG) that BioBody PC doesn't but I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

I've been taking Allergy Research Group NT Factor for almost two months. I started off with 500mg bid (suggested dose is 1.25g bid) but quickly found even that was too much for me. When I take too much it seems to cause depression. Within the first month of taking it I had a very severe recurrence of symptoms leading to a crash that I am still pulling out of very slowly. There is no way to know if the NT Factor caused this, but I am slowly improving while taking small amounts so I'm going to continue to take it for now.

Ema

I've taken Bodybio PC off and on since about 2008. It is frightfully expensive but I do think it seems to help in some ways. I have some mutations which limit my choline production so basically I only get what I ingest from diet.

Because of the expense, I've tried several other things for choline and always end up going back to the BodyBio. I noticed absolutely nothing from the NT Factor and it was a lot of pills a day to add to my already bloated supplement regime.

It isn't a miracle cure by any means though, at least for me, though I hope it is helpful at least somewhat. I try to stock up when they have a sale.

Tammy

You might want to check out discussions under the thread "reverse mitochondrial damage 101" posted by member "Radio". Lots of discussion about NT factor and lipid therapy..............very informative.

Last edited:

Sherpa

I was advised by @shah78 to start NT Factor low ...1/8 tsp per day...and build up gradually. Not to taking the 'loading dose' recommended on the bottle due to possibility of overstimulation.

Ema

I've taken Bodybio PC off and on since about 2008. It is frightfully expensive but I do think it seems to help in some ways. I have some mutations which limit my choline production so basically I only get what I ingest from diet.

Because of the expense, I've tried several other things for choline and always end up going back to the BodyBio. I noticed absolutely nothing from the NT Factor and it was a lot of pills a day to add to my already bloated supplement regime.

It isn't a miracle cure by any means though, at least for me, though I hope it is helpful at least somewhat. I try to stock up when they have a sale.
To update, BodyBio has changed and they are now manufacturing their own PC. The new formula is much thinner and I do not care much for the taste. The company rep says it meets the specs and they are working out some kinks still. So only time will tell. I'm bummed though because I used to like the taste.

I also bought a bottle of PhosChol and not only is it more expensive than the BodyBio but it tastes even worse. It's going to be hard to even choke that one down!

Sherpa

Cool!

I have got the Allergy Research NT Factor Energy Lipids and it seems to work good. I am taking less than the recommend dose (1/8 tsp once a day- recommended is 1/4 teaspoon twice a day). I notice more energy and less PEM, maybe a little bit edgy and maybe little harder to sleep. I am going to stick with it, seems like it may be helpful.

cb2

I just started NT factor too.. but i have been taking the loading dose, maybe that is why i haven't been able to sleep well the past couple nites. I will back it off a bit ..

john66

In my experience, not worth the money. Ed Kane from body bio has an interesting video on yt. His wife is Patricia Kane PhD who wrote the detox book. Interesting ideas on minerals, out of budget range for me.