• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Dr. Reeves Out at the CDC

C
Thanks, Cort, for the quick info! I have been looking since yesterday's announcement from Kim Cleary, and haven't found anything much until I read your post. Thank you!

Apparently Dr. Elizabeth Unger is a pathologist, which is great.

"The pathologist plays a key role in improving diagnoses through identifying new pathogenic bacteria, discovery of new infectious agents", it says on this web page (which also shows a picture of Dr. Unger).

What is it all the great fictional detectives say? What is the done to death cliche they all trot out?I don't believe in coincidence.You guys know the CDC CFS/ME inside out. Cort you are amazing. I'm so glad I found this site. Had my head in the sand for 10 yrs now after 3 yrs of testing finally left me with CFS (their label not mine) doagnosis.It is only because back in October my wife (looking at TV text on BBC) said, 'Oh seen this. Looks like they might have found a virus that causes CFS' that I am here on this site today.So now I know the names Reeves and Wesselly.:Retro mad: I know Peterson and Mikovits. :Retro smile:I know some really nice folk on Phoenix Rising too.:D and I think, I can see the wood even though there appear to be lots of trees in the way and I think there is no such thing as coincidence.:victory:

T
Hi Adam - great to have you here. I went to school in Wakefield for a while so I wasn't far from you I don't think.

As my hubby often says: "When it comes to news, timing is everything." He keeps his eyes open for the time when they release certain news and that tells you a lot about the dark machinations behind it. Ever noticed how Israel decided to invade Lebanon at the same time as the Palestinian elections? That sort of thing...

Rachel xx

Excellent news.

Everytime I see 'Reeves is Out', my smile gets broader.

Just imagine, we may all have actual real beneficial help soon.

Its like a prelude to winning the lottery.

Cheers Cort

Official Verification?

I'm sure that the information regarding Dr. Reeves transfer is correct, but has it been publicly verified by the CDC? The CFIDS Association is not considered an official source.

Hmmmm..... from "division head" to Senior Advisor of Mental Health Surveillance. Didn't think he had any credentials related to mental health even though he seemed to act as though he knew something about mental health. So this almost seems like some sort of punishment to me:D - you know, since you know so much about mental health......or possibly it's merely a transition to retirement. Senior Advisor, Mental Health Surveillance sounds like less than a full time job to me. More like something you could pretend to do a couple of days a week;)

A Dangerous Thing

Hmmmm..... from "division head" to Senior Advisor of Mental Health Surveillance. Didn't think he had any credentials related to mental health even though he seemed to act as though he knew something about mental health. So this almost seems like some sort of punishment to me:D - you know, since you know so much about mental health......or possibly it's merely a transition to retirement. Senior Advisor, Mental Health Surveillance sounds like less than a full time job to me. More like something you could pretend to do a couple of days a week;)

It seems I read somewhere (Disclaimer: I have increasing short term memory loss) Dr. Reeves studied for 3/4 of the program at the Emory University's Psychiatric department. Something about a Dr. with a little knowledge is a...! http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/images/smilies/newSmilies/Retro rolleyes.gif Considering the multiple Psychiatrists from Emory I taught about Alcoholism/ Addiction http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/images/smilies/newSmilies/Retro confused.gif and 22 years of working with and around them Reeves focus is ultimately understandable but necessarily flawed.

I love thesehttp://forums.aboutmecfs.org/images/smilies/newSmilies/Retro%20wink.gif
Thanx Cort

M
Verified?

I'm sure that the information regarding Dr. Reeves transfer is correct, but has it been publicly verified by the CDC? The CFIDS Association is not considered an official source.

Great news! But my concern is the same - is it verified? Where can the official information be found?
Thanks.

when i do a search on the cdc website for Dr. Unger i see she has been involved with cfs for about 10 years, attending cfs meetings and such. i did not research it further. (i just typed in dr unger into the CDC search engine)

i just sent her this.... To: eunger@cdc.gov Subject: Welcome Dear Dr. Unger, It is with great pleasure that the people living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome welcome you to your new position at the CDC. As I write this, few thousand of us from around the country are discussing your new appointment with intense interest and excitement. We are very eager to see movement forward on the CFS front. People, like me, have been sick for decades. We had full careers when we got struck with our illnesses, forcing us to live in or near our beds. And we have had to endure all sorts of hardships, not the least of which has been feeling like our government was ignoring us or psychologizing us. Twenty years and no biomarker, no treatment, no cure, no vaccine. We hope all this will change with your appointment! We welcome you and want you to know that there are millions of us across the country hoping for your success in your new position. Warmly, xxxx address

Wonderful, Rrrr!

i just sent her this.... To: eunger@cdc.gov Subject: Welcome Dear Dr. Unger, It is with great pleasure that the people living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome welcome you to your new position at the CDC. As I write this, few thousand of us from around the country are discussing your new appointment with intense interest and excitement. We are very eager to see movement forward on the CFS front. People, like me, have been sick for decades. We had full careers when we got struck with our illnesses, forcing us to live in or near our beds. And we have had to endure all sorts of hardships, not the least of which has been feeling like our government was ignoring us or psychologizing us. Twenty years and no biomarker, no treatment, no cure, no vaccine. We hope all this will change with your appointment! We welcome you and want you to know that there are millions of us across the country hoping for your success in your new position. Warmly, xxxx address

The CFS thread has begun at cdcchatter.net. Note: if you go to the old one, it was deleted because of negative attacks on persons of interest. The thread is under the 'reorganization' area. If you respond, please, let's keep it civil and don't celebrate too much on that site, or we'll be kicked off again!