• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coffee anyone?

I haven't seen much mention of coffee enemas on this forum and although they might sound absurd and a little distasteful they are crucial to speeding up detox pathways. When I first read of them in the 90s I thought--How weird is this--but battling the unknown at the time I decided to try them. Sherry Rogers was very keen on them and they are key in many alternative cancer protocols to help the body rid itself of toxins from the liver.
The science involves the enterohepatic pathway that runs from the colon to the liver. Caffeine is preferentially absorbed and dilates the miniscule filtration ducts in the liver. Once released from the liver they are dumped into the gall bladder which forcefully (via caffeine stimulation) empties it's content into the stool.
The first few times may result in a slightly sick feeling as many chemicals are discharged and inevitably some are reabsorbed(this can be mitigated by a strong dose of chlorella 15 minutes before the enema to absorb the toxins)
Organic coffee is highly recommended as most commercial brands contain pesticides--there are probably exceptions. An inexpensive grinder allows you to grind the beans as needed and results in more potent coffee.
You can Google the method of making and administering, I am just putting it out there for those struggling with detox symptoms from whatever cause. It is effective and quite healing as it enhances the production of glutathione in the liver as well.

*GG*

I haven't seen much mention of coffee enemas on this forum and although they might sound absurd and a little distasteful they are crucial to speeding up detox pathways. When I first read of them in the 90s I thought--How weird is this--but battling the unknown at the time I decided to try them.
Sherry Rogers was very keen on them and they are key in many alternative cancer protocols to help the body rid itself of toxins from the liver.

The science involves the enterohepatic pathway that runs from the colon to the liver. Caffeine is preferentially absorbed and dilates the miniscule filtration ducts in the liver. Once released from the liver they are dumped into the gall bladder which forcefully (via caffeine stimulation) empties it's content into the stool.

The first few times may result in a slightly sick feeling as many chemicals are discharged and inevitably some are reabsorbed(this can be mitigated by a strong dose of chlorella 15 minutes before the enema to absorb the toxins)

Organic coffee is highly recommended as most commercial brands contain pesticides--there are probably exceptions. An inexpensive grinder allows you to grind the beans as needed and results in more potent coffee.

You can Google the method of making and administering, I am just putting it out there for those struggling with detox symptoms from whatever cause. It is effective and quite healing as it enhances the production of glutathione in the liver as well.

Just breaking this up to make it easier to read.

GG

Have seen this mentioned by some on here a lot, not sure it has it's own thread, although your thread title could be expanded upon if you are interested in furthering the discussion!

ahmo

@AndyPandy Thanks for the reminder to get on w/ my post re footbaths and biofilms. Still in a corner of my mind, will put it on a To Do list.;)

Yes, I'm a huge fan of CE's. I collected my various responses about it during the last year into a blog post. From everything I've seen, this seems to be the most effective way to help the liver. And by clearing the liver, the adrenals. After 5 months of 4 days on/ 2 days off, I'm now using them about twice a week.

My original goal was to relieve the obvious congestion (bloating, constipation) from bacteria. Now I recognize that my detox pathways are impaired, and will always need some help. As you'll see in my post, I progressed from coffee, preceded by clear water, to adding many things into the water enemas before and after the CEs. And I found a great difference in the special roast organic coffee from saWilson.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...y-coffee-enemas.1616/&page=1#blogcomment-6623

Last edited: