• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Teitelbaum's Fibro & Fatigue Center Doctor Causes HEART ATTACK

Kathi

January is a double whammy month. On the 28th is my birthday, and two days later is the anniversary of my heart attack. Dr. Teitelbaum's Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center caused me to have a heart attack, which now puts me in severe cardiac heart failure.

Let me digress...... I got sick in the summer of 2004 through chemical exposure and eating plenty of fish.(I have worked in and out of CFS since 1985 on two occassions according to Dr. Cheney, but this time everything was different.) I declined rapidly and by December of 2005, I was struggling. I could barely walk or understand what was happening to me. But with a strong work ethic, I kept on trying to do my job. I managed to make it through the school year, but spent most of the summer on the couch or on the deck. This was unusual for someone that biked many miles and built their own shade garden in previous years during the summer months. I always put down 14 yards of mulch each summer by myself. It was great exercise and I loved working out in the yard. But this summer was different and I had no idea why. In August, two weeks before school started, I was finally able to get off the couch by using a shot a day of B-12. I had come across Dr. Teitelbaum's information and book and started communicating with him by email. He was very compassionate and seemed to have a sincere interest in helping me. In April I saw him in person when he was publicizing the Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center in Robinson Township. I couldn't make it myself, so my inlaws drove me to the seminar. Dr. Teitelbaum suggested I see Dr. Pierotti, as he was an excellent physician trained in CFS. I tried to make it through the school year, taking off over 20 sick days just to make it to May. ( We were in a federal audit year and I did not want to let my school in the lurch by leaving and having to get someone else in my position that couldn't handle an audit) Finally, on Memorial Day weekend, I had to concede that I couldn't work the last few days of the school year, but at least I had gotten all my work completed before leaving my job. I knew by then, even though I knew no one else with this illness, that Dr. Teitelbaum was right when he said I would have to quit working for awhile. He told me I shouldn't go back to work until I had that " Yippee Feeling" Ok, I finally got it, and took a half year sabbatical, which would take me to mid January of the following year.Surely by that time I would be better. In October I started using Vitamin C to bowel tolerance levels and finally started feeling a little bit better. I had terrible herxing, but for the first time I could finally walk and seemed to have a bit more energy. I continued with the C, as suggested by Dr. Teitelbaum and was growing stronger little by little. But I had read Bruce Campbell's information and knew how to stay within my energy envelope. All the above helped, along with B-12 and other vitamins.

By November, I realized that my sabbatical would be over in January and Dr. Teitelbaum said I could relapse if I went to work too soon , if not fully recovered. So I decided to finally check out the Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center. Dr. Pierotti was unable to diagnose me properly, even with 24 pages of questions and answers in their diagnostic questionnaire. He was arrogant and rude. He betrayed confidentiality to his receptionist and wouldn't let me use nearly 100 sick days that I had accumulated as a speech/language pathologist, when I got sicker after taking his medications. I started them on Christmas Day and within a few days I was in bed with a high fever and sore throat. Dr Pierotti said I was detoxing. No, he didn't even get it that I was having a reaction from the hydrocortisone. A doctor prescribing medicine and he didn't even know the side effects. I finally took myself off the hydrocortisone and recovered after a week of being in bed with a high fever and sore throat.I had used echinacea when I was ill in the past and got well. Echinacea didn't even touch what was happening to me this time. I did a test with one hydrocortisone pill several weeks later, and the same thing started to happen, so I knew it was the medication. Dr. Pierotti also gave me T3 thyroid hormone. This hormone cannot be regulated by the body, and if given too much will cause a heart attack. Dr. Pierotti was supposed to gradually increase my dosage, but didn't even know that you had to incrementally increase the dosage as the body tolerated. He told me htat T3 therapy was used in cardiac and trauma patients in the ER in an email, and I believed him. This is not true by any stretch of the imagination. I have verified that the T3 should have been given incrementally with doctors and the Medaus Pharmacy. So when I was given 100mcgs off the bat, my body was pushed to the extreme. When he added 100 mgs of pregnenolone to the mix, within a week I had a heart attack. It started with atrial fibrillation and vomitting and intense pain. Dr. Ray Sahelian of California says high doses of pregnenolone can cause atrial fibrillation. It is Ok at low doses, but high doses can cause problems.

Dr. Pierotti told me that I could only have a FMLA on my third visit, because I wasn't entitled to use my sick days. My district knew me for nearly 30 years and said that was not the route to go. I was excellent at what I did, and never had any problems with my employer. Dr. Pierotti refused to speak when I wanted to tell him what my district said to me. He wouldn't talk to me when I called and he never wanted to talk to me. Hiis secretary told me to go back to work or I would never go back to work. Well, I am never going back to work because I am now in severe cardiac heart failure. Can you imagine what it was like when you had pushed yourself for several years and to be told by Dr. Teitelbaum's expert CFS doctor that you weren't allowed to take your sick days!!!!!!! You were not sick enough and he would not let you take time off, only if you didn't get paid on a FMLA. Can you imagine what that felt like?????? They didn't even take my vitals the last visit , nor did he schedule me for a new appointment. I wasn't buying their supplements because I could get them on my own for half the price, so he didn't want to see me anymore. How was that for a place that was supposed to know about CFS, be compassionate and understand this illness???????

In the meantime I contacted Dr. Teitelbaum about his" expert doctor" and asked what was he trying to prove with this not so knowledgeable doctor??? Dr. Teitelbaum knew I was no malingerer and told Dr. Pierotti I should get my leave on sick days. Too late, I had already gotten my slip from my PCP. What I found out later when I requested my file was that Dr Pierotti had removed information from my file that would show he was told upfront how ill I was. He removed my anecdotal records from December to January of all the days I was ill on their medications.He was also on probation for passin hiself off as a board certified doctor at one of the local Pennsylvania hospitals. He was fined $10,000.00 admitted to guilt and had his year suspension reduced. He was required to take course work too. I also found out that he cannot secure a license in Ohio due to difficulties during a residency.

Back to my story..........A week later I went to the ER..... and it was down hill from there. The cardiologist put in three stents when there wasn't any coronary artery disease. Another medical mishap!!! He tried to give me 40 mgs of statin when my cholesterol was 119. Do any of you see a problem with this doctor too????? Why would anyone take 40 mgs of statin when their cholesterol was barely there?????The hematologist asked the cardiologist why he did that and he had nothing to say...........

I worked with Dr Teitelbaum after the MI by phone. We managed my case through my PCP.I cannot tell you how awful my recovery was. No one knows what a heart attack is like until they have been there and walked in those shoes. I could barely put one foot in front of myself , when before my visiting the Center I was walking nearly a mile once a week. That was coming from someone who couldn't even walk 10 feet when they first left work. When Dr. Teitelbaum told me to start to walk in August , that only made me 10 times worse. That SHINE protocol does not work when it includes exercise. I thought he was an expert????? If he has the same illness I had, then he would know that walking only makes matters worse when you are as ill as I was. Maybe at some point you can walk, but I wasn't at it and got worse.

When Dr. Teitelbaum realized he couldn't help me with an ejection fraction of 30%, he told me to go to Dr. Cheney. Dr. Cheney was a God send. He validated what happened to me and said it was nothing short of blatant medical malpractice. The T3 had put such a strain on my LAD, that it collapsed. My cardiologist had never seen anything like it in his life. I had been someone who exercised all her life, juiced, ate right and had no heart issues prior to Dr. Pierotti. So my friends, please read this with thought...........Are you putting yourself in the hands of someone who will cause you more harm than good when you are treating your CFS???? Is the business model the correct model when treating someone with this illness??? Will an excess of hormones cause heart issues for you too. I am not the first one with heart issues. Maybe no one went into the full blown heart attack, but there have been several that I know of in heart distress of either congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation on T3. Oh yes, there was one lady in Florida that died because of T3 treatment. Her family got $250,000.00 minus the lawyers cut. I guess that isn't very much when you consider all things in my eyes.

M

Melodie

Happy Birthday Kathi!!!

I am a newbie and verbally challenged at the best of times but I had to register to wish you happy birthday and celebrate that you are obviously an amazing woman!

I was very moved to read your article, that you went through all that.

It is a great warning to many of us out here, well me anyway - and also to lesser informed family members, who still have implicit faith in the medical profession.

Hoping your birthday has been one of your better days!

S

Splenda

This story is so frightening and could happen to any one of us. It's actually frightening to think that there are doctors allowed to practice medicine on us here in the good ole USA that is fraudulent and life threatening. How many times will we and others be used as guinea pigs for doctors' advancements in our area of medicine. I realize that so much is a guessing game and that trying whatever we can sometimes makes it worth the while of countless others.

However, when an entire medical staff knows of previous practices on former patients that led to major complications in their lives, yet continue to follow a protocol that endangers more lives, the line needs to be drawn in the sand. When our own healthcare staffers put us at risk for whatever reason, (like money, recognition, etc.) who, then, do we have to turn to? Who, then, will stand up for our rights, on our behalf, as our debillitating conditions deny us the energy and mental capacities to fight the battle that we once could have fought without fear of relapse from stress? This story needs to be brought to the attention of politicians, NIH, HHS and media amongst many others.

Let's help Kathi and others who could be at risk of this same type of occurance taking place to feel vindicated somewhat by helping to prevent it again. We need healthy advocates to step in and notify media. Just ask a few questions.....just push a few buttons....don't be afraid to stand up for what is right. I am ready to do whatever I can for her....Let's all get on the bandwagon and rally on Kathi's behalf.....

Brenda Brown

Kathi

Dr. Aldino Pierotti

6/3/08) Aldino L Pierotti: The physician’s DC medical license was revoked as result of disciplinary action (denial) in Ohio for an inaccurate application and for filing inaccurate renewal applications with the DC Board of Medicine. [Internal Medicine]

The Respondent was disciplined by the State Medical Board ofOhio on October 22,2003 for stating in
his August 7,2002 application for Certificate in Medicine that he resigned from an Anesthesiology
residency at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, but failed to disclose that he was placed on probation at the
hospital, that he was counseled regarding ethics, and that he was informed that his employment contract
would not be renewed. He further failed to disclose his surgery residency at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh,
PA, and the fact that he was placed on probation while at Mercy and received other disciplinary action
there. On October 22,2003, the OH Board accepted the Respondent's request for permanent withdrawal of
his application for medical licensure in which he admitted to the allegations described herein. The OH
board declared that his actions constituted "fraud, misrepresentation, or deception in applying for...any
certificate to practice."
2 The Notice is hereby incorporated by reference. Charge III, Specification A of the Notice charges the
Respondent with filing false information with the Board of Medicine in that in his renewal application
dated November 1, 2000 he stated that he was certified by the American Board in anesthesiology, when a
review through the American Board of Medical Specialties shows that no person with the name of the
respondent is certified in any specialty. Specification B of Charge III alleges that in the Respondent's
renewal application to the Board dated November 1,2002, he stated that he was certified by the American
Board in surgery. Again, a search through the American Board of Medical Specialties shows that no
named Aldino L. Pierotti is certified in any specialty.
Despite the date on the PS Form 3811 (the green card), the Respondent to have received the Notice
on February 21,2008 according to the letter the Respondent sent to the Executive Director of the Board.
Regardless of the date of delivery the Respondent received notice ofthe charges against him.
4 On Respondent's Renewal Application dated November 1, 2000, in response to question 4 D which
states: "If you are certified by the American Board of any specialty, please indicate the code from the
specialty list at the right.", the Respondent listed in the Code Box "AN" for Anesthesiology. In
Respondent's next renewal, dated November 1,2002, in response to the same question the Respondent
listed "SU" in the Code Box, representing Surgery.

Kathi

Dr. Teitelbaum and the fibro and fatigue center

Dr. Teitelbaum protected this doctor when he knew he administered medications in an inappropriate manner. When I informed him of Dr. Pierotti's past behaviors, he ignored them in deference to keeping the Pittsburgh Center operational. He told me that if I did anything to him, many people would have no doctor to meet their needs. As I read the following, it was Dr. Teitelbaum's responsibility to help me after he knew Dr. Pierotti caused my MI. Dr. Teitelbaum did nothing in order to see that financial gains
were not jeopardized. ..........................................................

The Amercian Medical's Principles of Ethics says in number 2

A physician shall uphold the standards of professionalism, be honest in all professional interactions, and strive to report physicians deficient in character or competence, or engaging in fraud or deception, to appropriate entities.

Sunday

Heh. Well, I would say that, based on your experience, it would be fine for many people to have no access to THOSE doctors.

I had heard your story on another thread; I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'm very grateful that you're willing to share the info here. I was given a Teitelbaum book for Christmas and took him at face value until I read your story.

Kathi

I was exposed to mold on several occassions and the Fibro and Fatigue Center ( Dr. Pierotti) didn't have a clue about that either.

wow

my girlfriend (soon to be fiance) has been going to the pittsburgh fibro clinic since august 09. I have a friend with fibromyalgia who was treated by dr. pierotti and he certainly seems like quite the character. First, he told her that he SAVED HER LIFE and was putting her on anti inflammatory drugs to treat fibromyalgia, where research shows that it's not an inflammatory disease.
The clinic must have seen the err of their ways because dr. pierotti is no longer practicing there. Dr. Lauren Loya is now there and I must say that I do enjoy having her as a doctor because she is very compassionate and seems to be knowledgable on all of the medicines. After telling her some of the stories I've heard about dr. pierotti she seemed borderline terrified that any one person could put people through that kind of hell. I do question a lot of the medicines she has put my girlfriend on because I worry what all of it will do to her liver down the road, but we seem to have settled on treating with anti virals with the new research coming out about xmrv and hhv7 and 8. hearing this about the t3 worries me also because my girlfriend has been put on it as well as cortisol, which is a stress hormone. At least she was put on the t3 gradually, but with our plan at the clinic ending in february I'm not sure if we can even afford another one (we're college students with part time jobs).

I also heard pierotti is trying to open up his own practice and we were considering switching to him because it would be cheaper, but after reading this we most certainly will avoid him at all costs...where is this dr. cheney located?

Kathi

Travis, I am very interested in what your friend has to say about Dr. Pierotti and other things you have heard ( other than my own horrific story)
He bragged to me that he used T3 in the ER for heart and emergency patients and had the best record of all the ER doctors..... Well , when you tell the licensing bureaus in several states that you are board certified and aren't, it catches up with you. $10,000.00 fine and probation in PA and lost his license in DC. Also, Ohio wouldn't give him a license because he lied on his application about all the problems he had in residency. ( firing in one and discipline in another. Would you want your mother/child/girlfriend being seen by someone like him??? Maybe he's changed, but does a cat change it's stripes????
Dr. Cheney is in Asheville and is by no means cost effective.

I would like to know what kind of heart attack you had with no artery disease. Nov 28 2008 , i had a acute stress cardiomyopathy which is an attack but no blockage that resolves itself after a few weeks. My heart healed but I felt worse than I have ever felt in the 20 years i have had cfs. I believe mine may have been caused by the metroprolol that I was put on after a near syncope episode. Have not heard of anyone else having this problem and can't find anyone in my area Chicagoland who understands cardiac issues in cfs. I feel I am deteriorating also as in the past I could always get better. Do you think dr. Cheney would be of help? I have responded badly to every drug oe treatment since and am tired of dr's telling me I am reconditioned and just need to exercise. No one I have been treated by even begins to have knowledge of cfs and I feel this is dangerous to my health.

Another FFC doctor has just been disciplined: (Via Quackwatch)

"Fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue "specialist" disciplined.

James Edward Stevens, D.O, who practices at the Dallas office of Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers (FFC), has been disciplined for "nontherapeutic prescribing." In August, Stevens and the Medical Board of Texas entered into an agreed order under which he must pay a $3,000 administrative penalty and, within one year, complete 24 hours of continuing medical education that include eight hours in immunology, eight hours in endocrinology and eight hours in medical recordkeeping. http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/stevens/order.shtml The agreed order settled charges that he had prescribed nontherapeutic (inappropriate) supplements and drugs and had failed to obtain proper consent for long-term use of steroid drugs for a patient with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

FFC is a chain of 16 clinics that specializes in treating fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. The FFC Web site states that its doctors "diagnose and treat the underlying causes" and take a "big picture approach" that includes "mitochondrial enhancement," "hormone balancing," and treatment of "underlying viral infections" with "minimally necessary medications and supplements to assure absence of symptoms." The Texas board's order did not specify which of the drugs and supplements used by Stevens that it considered nontherapeutic. However, a printed FFC "IM/IV Order Sheet" lists more than 20 types of questionable intravenous therapy. http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/stevens/ffc_rx.pdf Stevens, who is also licensed in Florida, has also had trouble there. In 2007, the licensing authorities obtained a judgment of $2,121.51 for failing to pay a required annual assessment from 2002 through 2006. In June 2010, the Florida Board of Medicine ordered him to pay the judgment, reprimanded him, and fined him an additional $1,000. http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/stevens/reprimand.pdf

Hi kathi, I just read your story and I feel so bad for you. I am not as informed as you are in these medical details. Based on what you wrote, I am sure you
have obtained a huge settlement. What is the update?

Kathi

Sicktoolong, you can read more about my story in the general treatment section. There were hearly 90 replies on that thread. That's where I started it when I first came to this forum. There wasn't a doctor section. They added it later and I guess I should have put it in here.....

I am still in heart failure with major damage to my heart....

Kathi

I would like to know what kind of heart attack you had with no artery disease. Nov 28 2008 , i had a acute stress cardiomyopathy which is an attack but no blockage that resolves itself after a few weeks. My heart healed but I felt worse than I have ever felt in the 20 years i have had cfs. I believe mine may have been caused by the metroprolol that I was put on after a near syncope episode. Have not heard of anyone else having this problem and can't find anyone in my area Chicagoland who understands cardiac issues in cfs. I feel I am deteriorating also as in the past I could always get better. Do you think dr. Cheney would be of help? I have responded badly to every drug oe treatment since and am tired of dr's telling me I am reconditioned and just need to exercise. No one I have been treated by even begins to have knowledge of cfs and I feel this is dangerous to my health.

Sorry , I haven't responded sooner. I have had very good success with Ubiquinol for my heart. I take one that does not have soy in it by Douglas Labs. I was taking 300 mgs of ubiquinone and am able to take only 100 mgs of ubiquinol and have the same effects. What a bonus. I do not take any heart medications. They only made me worse with all their side effects. I cannot believe the cardiologist tried to put me on 40mgs of statin when my cholesterol was only 119. I could not take metoprolol or lisinopril because of the side effects. The beta blocker ( metoprolol) caused insomnia, frozen fingers and toes and other side effects. ) Magnesium is extremely important.
Dr. Cheney is very expensive, but if you have the money, go and see him. My first appointment was $10,000.00. If you ever need to talk, please privately email me. I will be happy to tell you what has and has not worked for me..

Kathi

Charles555nc

I dont know whether you still check this post or not. But I would try detoxamin Edta suppositories twice a week, 1500mg while also taking 100mg alpha lipoic acid and a gram of no acidic vitamin c all at the same time.

Edta helps is in heart disease, heart fluttering, heart damage, arrhythmia, the works. Improves circulation.

I take it for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I have taking it periodically since college over 8 years ago. Its great stuff and worth a try.

If you got any questions, Private message me! :D

Hope you feel better.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
January is a double whammy month. On the 28th is my birthday, and two days later is the anniversary of my heart attack. Dr. Teitelbaum's Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center caused me to have a heart attack, which now puts me in severe cardiac heart failure.

Let me digress...... I got sick in the summer of 2004 through chemical exposure and eating plenty of fish.(I have worked in and out of CFS since 1985 on two occassions according to Dr. Cheney, but this time everything was different.) I declined rapidly and by December of 2005, I was struggling. I could barely walk or understand what was happening to me. But with a strong work ethic, I kept on trying to do my job. I managed to make it through the school year, but spent most of the summer on the couch or on the deck. This was unusual for someone that biked many miles and built their own shade garden in previous years during the summer months. I always put down 14 yards of mulch each summer by myself. It was great exercise and I loved working out in the yard. But this summer was different and I had no idea why. In August, two weeks before school started, I was finally able to get off the couch by using a shot a day of B-12. I had come across Dr. Teitelbaum's information and book and started communicating with him by email. He was very compassionate and seemed to have a sincere interest in helping me. In April I saw him in person when he was publicizing the Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center in Robinson Township. I couldn't make it myself, so my inlaws drove me to the seminar. Dr. Teitelbaum suggested I see Dr. Pierotti, as he was an excellent physician trained in CFS. I tried to make it through the school year, taking off over 20 sick days just to make it to May. ( We were in a federal audit year and I did not want to let my school in the lurch by leaving and having to get someone else in my position that couldn't handle an audit) Finally, on Memorial Day weekend, I had to concede that I couldn't work the last few days of the school year, but at least I had gotten all my work completed before leaving my job. I knew by then, even though I knew no one else with this illness, that Dr. Teitelbaum was right when he said I would have to quit working for awhile. He told me I shouldn't go back to work until I had that " Yippee Feeling" Ok, I finally got it, and took a half year sabbatical, which would take me to mid January of the following year.Surely by that time I would be better. In October I started using Vitamin C to bowel tolerance levels and finally started feeling a little bit better. I had terrible herxing, but for the first time I could finally walk and seemed to have a bit more energy. I continued with the C, as suggested by Dr. Teitelbaum and was growing stronger little by little. But I had read Bruce Campbell's information and knew how to stay within my energy envelope. All the above helped, along with B-12 and other vitamins.

By November, I realized that my sabbatical would be over in January and Dr. Teitelbaum said I could relapse if I went to work too soon , if not fully recovered. So I decided to finally check out the Pittsburgh Fibro and Fatigue Center. Dr. Pierotti was unable to diagnose me properly, even with 24 pages of questions and answers in their diagnostic questionnaire. He was arrogant and rude. He betrayed confidentiality to his receptionist and wouldn't let me use nearly 100 sick days that I had accumulated as a speech/language pathologist, when I got sicker after taking his medications. I started them on Christmas Day and within a few days I was in bed with a high fever and sore throat. Dr Pierotti said I was detoxing. No, he didn't even get it that I was having a reaction from the hydrocortisone. A doctor prescribing medicine and he didn't even know the side effects. I finally took myself off the hydrocortisone and recovered after a week of being in bed with a high fever and sore throat.I had used echinacea when I was ill in the past and got well. Echinacea didn't even touch what was happening to me this time. I did a test with one hydrocortisone pill several weeks later, and the same thing started to happen, so I knew it was the medication. Dr. Pierotti also gave me T3 thyroid hormone. This hormone cannot be regulated by the body, and if given too much will cause a heart attack. Dr. Pierotti was supposed to gradually increase my dosage, but didn't even know that you had to incrementally increase the dosage as the body tolerated. He told me htat T3 therapy was used in cardiac and trauma patients in the ER in an email, and I believed him. This is not true by any stretch of the imagination. I have verified that the T3 should have been given incrementally with doctors and the Medaus Pharmacy. So when I was given 100mcgs off the bat, my body was pushed to the extreme. When he added 100 mgs of pregnenolone to the mix, within a week I had a heart attack. It started with atrial fibrillation and vomitting and intense pain. Dr. Ray Sahelian of California says high doses of pregnenolone can cause atrial fibrillation. It is Ok at low doses, but high doses can cause problems.

Dr. Pierotti told me that I could only have a FMLA on my third visit, because I wasn't entitled to use my sick days. My district knew me for nearly 30 years and said that was not the route to go. I was excellent at what I did, and never had any problems with my employer. Dr. Pierotti refused to speak when I wanted to tell him what my district said to me. He wouldn't talk to me when I called and he never wanted to talk to me. Hiis secretary told me to go back to work or I would never go back to work. Well, I am never going back to work because I am now in severe cardiac heart failure. Can you imagine what it was like when you had pushed yourself for several years and to be told by Dr. Teitelbaum's expert CFS doctor that you weren't allowed to take your sick days!!!!!!! You were not sick enough and he would not let you take time off, only if you didn't get paid on a FMLA. Can you imagine what that felt like?????? They didn't even take my vitals the last visit , nor did he schedule me for a new appointment. I wasn't buying their supplements because I could get them on my own for half the price, so he didn't want to see me anymore. How was that for a place that was supposed to know about CFS, be compassionate and understand this illness???????

In the meantime I contacted Dr. Teitelbaum about his" expert doctor" and asked what was he trying to prove with this not so knowledgeable doctor??? Dr. Teitelbaum knew I was no malingerer and told Dr. Pierotti I should get my leave on sick days. Too late, I had already gotten my slip from my PCP. What I found out later when I requested my file was that Dr Pierotti had removed information from my file that would show he was told upfront how ill I was. He removed my anecdotal records from December to January of all the days I was ill on their medications.He was also on probation for passin hiself off as a board certified doctor at one of the local Pennsylvania hospitals. He was fined $10,000.00 admitted to guilt and had his year suspension reduced. He was required to take course work too. I also found out that he cannot secure a license in Ohio due to difficulties during a residency.

Back to my story..........A week later I went to the ER..... and it was down hill from there. The cardiologist put in three stents when there wasn't any coronary artery disease. Another medical mishap!!! He tried to give me 40 mgs of statin when my cholesterol was 119. Do any of you see a problem with this doctor too????? Why would anyone take 40 mgs of statin when their cholesterol was barely there?????The hematologist asked the cardiologist why he did that and he had nothing to say...........

I worked with Dr Teitelbaum after the MI by phone. We managed my case through my PCP.I cannot tell you how awful my recovery was. No one knows what a heart attack is like until they have been there and walked in those shoes. I could barely put one foot in front of myself , when before my visiting the Center I was walking nearly a mile once a week. That was coming from someone who couldn't even walk 10 feet when they first left work. When Dr. Teitelbaum told me to start to walk in August , that only made me 10 times worse. That SHINE protocol does not work when it includes exercise. I thought he was an expert????? If he has the same illness I had, then he would know that walking only makes matters worse when you are as ill as I was. Maybe at some point you can walk, but I wasn't at it and got worse.

When Dr. Teitelbaum realized he couldn't help me with an ejection fraction of 30%, he told me to go to Dr. Cheney. Dr. Cheney was a God send. He validated what happened to me and said it was nothing short of blatant medical malpractice. The T3 had put such a strain on my LAD, that it collapsed. My cardiologist had never seen anything like it in his life. I had been someone who exercised all her life, juiced, ate right and had no heart issues prior to Dr. Pierotti. So my friends, please read this with thought...........Are you putting yourself in the hands of someone who will cause you more harm than good when you are treating your CFS???? Is the business model the correct model when treating someone with this illness??? Will an excess of hormones cause heart issues for you too. I am not the first one with heart issues. Maybe no one went into the full blown heart attack, but there have been several that I know of in heart distress of either congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation on T3. Oh yes, there was one lady in Florida that died because of T3 treatment. Her family got $250,000.00 minus the lawyers cut. I guess that isn't very much when you consider all things in my eyes.

I don't know either of these Dr. directly, however I do know Cheney. I have used him for more than 10 years. I have Diastoclic Dysfunction and he is the only one that diagnosed it for me.I saw many Cardiologists and many tests and no one saw it. I am on the road to recovery because of him. Good for you-I hope you are doing better now.

Seven7

Seven
I don't know either of these Dr. directly, however I do know Cheney. I have used him for more than 10 years. I have Diastoclic Dysfunction and he is the only one that diagnosed it for me.I saw many Cardiologists and many tests and no one saw it. I am on the road to recovery because of him. Good for you-I hope you are doing better now.

What does he gives for the Diastoclic Dysfunction? medicine? Salt, water... Is not doing it for my POTs.

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
What does he gives for the Diastoclic Dysfunction? medicine? Salt, water... Is not doing it for my POTs.
i AM DRINKING A LOT OF ALKALINE WATER-BUT i ALSO MIX WITH LOW CALORIE GATORAIDE. I AM STARTING TO HAVE A SALINE DRIP NEXT WEEK.. ONE OF THE EXERCISES HE GAVE ME BEFORE I AM GOING TO DO ANYTHING THAT IS GOING TO REQUIRE A GOOD BIT OF ENERGY IS TO LIE DOWN FLAT-NO PILLOW-PUT LEGS UP AS HIGH AS I CAN GET THEM-I USUALLY USE 4 PILLOWS BUT SOMETIMES LAY ON FLOOR AND PUT LEGS ON WALL. THE TRICK IS TO LIE STILL FOR AT LEAST 20 MIN TO REVERSE BLOODFLOW. THIS REALLY HELPS ME IN EVERY WAY AND I DO IT 3-4 TIMES A DAY.I HAVE NOT TRIED THE FLORICEF AS A LOT OF CFS PATIENTS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT. THIS EXERCISE HOWEVER HELPS ME COGNITIVE WISE AND ALSO DIZZINESS AND HEART. WHEN I TAKE AN EPSOM SALT BATH, I KEEP GATORAIDE BY THE TUB TO DRINK AS I CAN'T GET DEHYDRATED!!!!!!!I AM TAKING MAGNESIUM/TAURINE SHOTS. I HAVE NOT INCREASED MY SALT. THE ELECTROLYTE SOL HAS TAKEN CARE OF THAT FOR ME. ARE YOU TAKING ANY POTTASSIUM? ANOTHER SUPPLEMENT THAT HAS REALLY HELPED ME IS INOSINE BY CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH LTD.I ALSO TAKE THE HYDROXCOBALAMINE B-12 shots TWICE DAILY.SHOTS, SHOTS. SHOTS( I KNOW)-BUT MY RAPID HEART BEATS AND ANGINA ARE BETTER.I TAKE MAGNEISUM SULFATE DURING THE DAY ALSO IF NEEDED TO RELAX.
YOU ARE PROBABLY TAKING SOME OF THE SAME VITES. HAVING MORE LABS DONE IN A FEW WEEKS . WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. MY PH HAS ALREADY GONE FROM 6 TO 7.I WAS SO DIZZY FROM THE POTS WHEN I STARTED I COULD NOT DRIVE OR BEND OVER. I AM SURE YOU KNOW ALSO, STRESS MAKES IT WORSE.WHO DOESN'T HAVE IT THOUGH. THAT IS WHY MAGNESIUM HELPS. I AM ONLY ON IMMUNE GLOBULIN FOR CFS AND 1/2 VALIUM 21/2 MG IF I CAN'T SLEEP. SORRY FOR THE SMALL PRINT. COULDN'T GET FONT TO WORK.

HOW ARE YOU DOING NOW?.