• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any experiences with cleaned petroleum?

misskatniss

I have read about that as possible cure for fixing the gut. It sounds strange, I know; yet several things I read did really make sense. I wouldn´t try everything, but I am at least curious and wanted to ask whether any of you has ever heard about that and knows about reliable info about it? Thank you!

Martial

I wouldn't do something like that before looking into more well known and proven things to help. There are plenty of simple and easy steps you can take to heal the gut without the possibility of unknown or rare side effects. Kerosene has no business being ingested in the human body in any amount or dose.

taniaaust1

I recently came across someone who did a detox with it (she put it throu her bath), I thought she was crazy, she told me she felt much better afterwards thou she said it really hurt her skin and had a burning kind of affect on it while she was bathing in it (she went very red).

(anyway, I dont suggest it, there are probably a lot of safer things to try).

Martial

I recently came across someone who did a detox with it (she put it throu her bath), I thought she was crazy, she told me she felt much better afterwards thou she said it really hurt her skin and had a burning kind of affect on it while she was bathing in it (she went very red).

(anyway, I dont suggest it, there are probably a lot of safer things to try).

Her skin was probably red because she put damn chemicals that are highly toxic on it!! Jesus I am concerned where she got the idea this was a safe or healthy thing to do!

misskatniss

OK guys, I think it is NOT worth tryin'. Was just curious as I am not so good in chemistry, I thought, maybe in very tiny doses it could be any good, but don't hink so now. Thanks for your comments!!

Martial

OK guys, I think it is NOT worth tryin'. Was just curious as I am not so good in chemistry, I thought, maybe in very tiny doses it could be any good, but don't hink so now. Thanks for your comments!!

I just realized your name was Miss Katniss from The Hunger Games, this makes you 1000 times cooler in my book. Sorry super off topic, anyways what are you personally dealing with symptom wise?

misskatniss

@Martial Hey there only a few words because I am still dealing with a crash and can barely stay online (but do it for a couple of minutes now, otherwise I go NUTS): Yes, my nick is in honour of that wonderful lady, Katniss Everdeen. She is just great, and I also like the way in which Jennifer Lawrence put her on the big screen. Yes, I would like to be like Katniss, corageous in a situation when all odds seem to be against you. So nevermind the off topic, I like that you like her too :)

misskatniss

@Martial Regarding the symptoms, it is mainly strong fatigue, trouble with the gut (Histamine playing for sure a role), muscle pain and POTS (besides other stuff). I read that petroleum stuff linked to the gut question... But if I think of how my gut is in rebellion against so much, I won´t do experiments. Huh, my English today is superbad, sorry. Big clouds in the brain. Not a good day, no... Misskatniss has no arrows today. Hope you are better. PS: If that is your dog, that makes you a lot cooler ^^

Martial

Haha thats okay Miss Katness, yes I love the Hunger Games as well! She is a very aspiring character for people to look up to I am sure! I hope you have the swiftest recovery from your recent crash! Ok I can get a basis of symptoms now from what you describe which like most is so all over the place, especially with things like Pot/s which has 1000 symptoms in its own rights lol! Ok well that is interesting to know however I probably would use like any other possible known remedy first haha! Personally I use VSL 3 probiotics which is 900 billion cfu units with multiple strains of the bacteria. Along side Gluten free, Paleo style diet, and hopefully chicken bone broth soon enough! Sorry to hear your out of ammo :( Also yes that is my dog so plus cool points for me I guess! :D

p.s. You're English is fine no worries!