• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

U.S. Government admits Lymes is a Bioweapon...

Esther12

That article seems pretty misleading to me.

I also wasn't able to find to piece they took the quote about researching Lyme in case it is ever used for terrorism:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The $10.6 million Margaret Batts Tobin Laboratory Building will provide a 22,000-square-foot facility to study such diseases as anthrax, tularemia, cholera, lyme disease, desert valley fever and other parasitic and fungal diseases. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention identified these diseases as potential bioterrorism agents.

In isolation, that doesn't look like an admission of anything interesting.

The trouble with using one-off cases to make decisions about treatments is that different people can get better for all manner of random reasons. I don't think that there's any good evidence that Samento is helpful.

I'd be cautious with a lot of the stuff around Lyme, and only pursue things that have good evidence of value. Good luck.

Ayaju

I'm trying to remember some details, but maybe a couple of years ago on an episode of Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" they were trying to expose that island in the Atlantic Ocean that is used for "mad scientist" experiments conducted by the government? And I remember the report including the "accidental" release of ticks deliberately infected with Lyme.

I know. But anything is possible.

Judy

saint

The webpage that I came across listing a lot of sites related to lymes stated the exact title I quoted above - I didn't think it up. I know from talking to my fibro doc who sits on some big board that lymes is pandemic.

Who knows what 'has evidence of good value'? Of course we have to be cautious about what we take - but I was taking brown rice protein - thinking it was something healthy - and then I read the protein as well as brown rice itself has high levels of toxins.

People with fibro/ cfids often get cancer - and I know how bad cancer is.

When you've struggled for a number of years trying to get better, I've reached the point of being willing to try something. How many people have died from Dr. prescribed NSAIDS?

I was trying to offer people a possible answer to a wretched disorder. When I was much sicker than I was now, I grasped for straws trying to get better. And there were people along my journey who gave me a little help here and there - people I didn't even know. I do a lot of research and try to pass on things that may provide hope and help to someone else suffering as I have.

The 2nd link is very interesting: an Emmy Award winner who went through a barrage of misdiagnoses' until he recovered using samento. (BTW - I don't have any financial interests in the product. I only just learned about it).

Esther12

I understand being desperate to get better - believe me!

It's just that there are a lot of unfounded claims in this area, and a lot of doctors who really can't be trusted, so it's worth trying to be cautious about the things one sees on the internet. That's all I was saying. I didn't mean to imply that you had made something up yourself.

saint

I'm trying to remember some details, but maybe a couple of years ago on an episode of Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" they were trying to expose that island in the Atlantic Ocean that is used for "mad scientist" experiments conducted by the government? And I remember the report including the "accidental" release of ticks deliberately infected with Lyme.

I know. But anything is possible.

Judy
I agree. I think anything is possible. If someone hasn't realized yet that there are distorted individuals in high places in government, then they haven't had enough life experience.

I like watching documentaries, and watched one years ago where they exposed all these high-level officials who obtained children for perverse reasons. Look at the scandal in the Catholic church - the lives ruined. Some people in positions of power often abuse it, and believe that other human beings are disposable. The Holy Bible states "Man's heart is desperately wicked and evil…who can know it?" Pretty accurate assessment - especially of the society we live in today.

Who knows if we'll ever get the truth about the origin of Lymes - but the more I research, the more I keep seeing recurring stories: people were diagnosed with fibro/ cfids - went from dr. to dr. - then found out they had Lymes. And stories keep popping up that it's a bioweapon. I read it again on Natural News.

saint

I typed in the title EXACTLY as it appeared on the page of a list of natural treatments for lymes. I don't have the link - maybe you can locate it by doing a google search.

barbc56

Anything is possible.

But is it probable? Are there other explanations that could explain what happened?

Barb

alex3619

I have no doubt that government and other major conspiracies exist. Yet I also have no doubt that most claimed conspiracies are false. Conspiracies frequently get revealed by whistleblowers or accidental discovery. The bigger the conspiracy, the higher the risk that this will happen. Its the small everyday conspiracies that occur between two high power individuals over some drinks that are the real worry, and almost never get revealed.

Stable pathogenic bacteria are a big target for bioweapon research. ANY bacteria though will do, including non-pathogenic bacteria. This is because conversion into bioweapons typically involves genetic engineering these days. So ordinary healthy gut bacteria would be my choice. Oh, no, our favourite yoghurt bacteria are potential bioweapons!

The difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy is hard evidence.

Yet I have no problem with people looking into conspiracy theories if they are not oversold. We need people to watch government etc. Its almost a civic duty. We also need evidence of wrongdoing before acting or becoming unduly alarmed.

Last edited:

Jarod

Rense is kind of an inflammatory website. Not good for ones health.

Lots of offensive/controversial material on there, and a lot of worry and stress.

Last edited:

saint

Just because someone else said it doesn't make it true. We do ourselves a disservice if we are caught up in conspiracy theories without evidence. Not that I trust the government, just that I don't like to see innaccurate claims made
Of course every single person must discern the truth for themselves - that's a given. I don't know if it's true - I don't know if it's false. Just reporting interesting things I've found in the process of research.

saint

Anything is possible.

But is it probable? Are there other explanations that could explain what happened?

Barb
I guess the one way to find out is to research. To figure in probability I would guess we would have to delve into past crimes against humanity. I don't have a desire to do that - I just keep coming across it and thought it was interesting. If it is true, people should be informed.

saint

Which is one way to tell the author of the original article is not at all knowledgeable about the topic. :rolleyes:
I typed in Lyme disease on here earlier and someone corrected me and said it was 'Lymes" ???

saint

I have no doubt that government and other major conspiracies exist. Yet I also have no doubt that most claimed conspiracies are false. Conspiracies frequently get revealed by whistleblowers or accidental discovery. The bigger the conspiracy, the higher the risk that this will happen. Its the small everyday conspiracies that occur between two high power individuals over some drinks that are the real worry, and almost never get revealed.

Stable pathogenic bacteria are a big target for bioweapon research. ANY bacteria though will do, including non-pathogenic bacteria. This is because conversion into bioweapons typically involves genetic engineering these days. So ordinary healthy gut bacteria would be my choice. Oh, no, our favourite yoghurt bacteria are potential bioweapons!

The difference between a conspiracy theory and a conspiracy is hard evidence.

Yet I have no problem with people looking into conspiracy theories if they are not oversold. We need people to watch government etc. Its almost a civic duty. We also need evidence of wrongdoing before acting or becoming unduly alarmed.
I think that's a balanced way of looking at it.

brenda

I typed in Lyme disease on here earlier and someone corrected me and said it was 'Lymes" ???

No this what you said

After logging hours upon hours of research, and going by my own blood work, talking to my fibro doc, people with lymes, I have a suspicion that CFS/ FMS may really be lymes disease.

I could be wrong. I was quick to dismiss the idea of having lymes when I went on another forum, and someone posted that many of the people thought they had CFS/ FMS and they had lymes.

I learned it is transmitted not only by ticks, but mosquitos, fleas, and other critters, as well as through human secretions.

The symptoms overlap so outrageously with fibro/ cfids that I don't know how that they can be determined to be separate disease - except that lymes can be found doing a specialized microscopic test, I believe. My fibro doc said it's epidemic - it also can cause: adrenal, thyroid, fungal, HHV-6, among other things.

Maybe that's why nobody is getting better.

Antibiotics don't permanently cure it either.

Maybe someone else may want to devote some time to this.
saint, Aug 8, 2014

And I corrected you to say Lyme.

Brenda