• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Melbourne Australia, Sept 13 2014 Exploring the puzzle that is ME/CFS and related neuroimmune dise

Lillybelle

For those of you in Australia (Melb) or Victoria this seminar has two of the top ME and Lyme Disease Researchers speaking as well as treating GP's

Join world leading researcher Professor Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik, ME/CFS and Lyme medical expert Dr Richard Schloeffel together with highly regarded GPs in their field of expertise to discuss the medical complexity of ME/CFS with the view to enabling clinicians to work more effectively with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and related neuroimmunological diseases.

Conference Topics
This seminar will provide an update on world leading research, ME/CFS/Lyme clinical management strategies, further understanding of the relationship between intestinal dysbiosis, low blood pressure and hypermobility and ME/CFS. Supporting the day is a presentation by Maurice Blackburn Lawyers providing an overview of legal issues surrounding ME/CFS and related neuroimmunological diseases for the clinician and client.
Seminar Schedule
9:15am Registration

9:50am Welcome: Ms Amanda Kelly (CEO)

10:00am Dr Richard Schloeffel
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis and Treatment

11:00am Professor Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik (NCNED)
Potential immunological and gene expression involvement in the development of CFS/ME.

12:00pm Lunch break

12:30pm Dr Henry Butt
Gut and brain functions in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome

1:30pm Principal Mr John Berill, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
Employment, superannuation & insurance issues for people with ME/CFS

2:30pm Mr Chris O'Callaghan
Disorders of; blood pressure and of connective tissue elasticity, and how they relate to ME/CFS

3:30pm Closing address: Ms Amanda Kelly

You can book here:

http://www.mecfs-vic.org.au/2014-medical-seminar
Hope to see you there:
If anyone is planning to go please pm me so we can meet there.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
That looks great - do they plan to video it and put it online?

Great to see good-quality conferences starting up all over the world - US, UK, Oz...

Lillybelle

That looks great - do they plan to video it and put it online?

Great to see good-quality conferences starting up all over the world - US, UK, Oz...
Thanks @Sasha good question!!! I think it is quite a small room and event but I shall call and ask them. It would be good for Professor Gradsniks research and her cfs clinic at Griffith Uni as well as international patients. I have a wait listed booking for her clinic in Qld although the appt has been postponed 3 times as the clinic is going through OHS issues in setup.
Looks like the clinic will open in Oxt now. The first of its type in this country.

Should also mention she has developed an app for patient symptoms for their GPs to keep track of. Let me find the app details it might be useful for others here also.