• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval and Genova Stool tests

Hi @caledonia

I'm new here and found Phoenix Rising because of the various documents you compiled. What a wonderful help!! These tests were ordered by a physician whom I no longer see, and I never did go over the results with him. I went over it briefly with my new doctor, but this is new to her too (she's used to Spectracell). I tried using the interpretation guide you created, but this information is still way over my head. I was hoping that you might provide some insight as to what's going on here.

Some background on myself: I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis in 2002, and our family has been on the GAPS diet since last August. I also posted my 23andMe results in another thread in case that makes any difference with these results.

I appreciate any insights you have to offer :nerd:.

Attachments

• GenovaParasites.pdf
    660.7 KB · Views: 9
  • GenovaStoolTest.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
  • NutrEvalFMV-Part1.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 19
  • NutrEvalFMV-Part2.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
  • NutrEvalFMV-Part3.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 12
  • NutrEvalFMV-Part4.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • NutrEvalFMV-Part5.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 12

caledonia

@vacuna Two things are jumping out at me on the stool test

1) low in good bacteria - so get some probiotics on board - the latest research is saying to take lactobacillus and bifidus (usually you find those together in a formula), and then s. boulardii. Those are what I take.

2) low Short Chain Fatty Acids

The guide says to get some prebiotics, and more fiber in the form of fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains.

But otherwise good as far as no candida, h. pylori, etc.

More on Nutreval later, probably tomorrow. If I forget, give me a shout. You can tag me like this @caledonia and I'll get an alert.

Hi @caledonia,

Thanks for your help! I have a couple of questions... not sure if there's really an "answer"...

1) low in good bacteria - so get some probiotics on board - the latest research is saying to take lactobacillus and bifidus (usually you find those together in a formula), and then s. boulardii. Those are what I take.
On the GAPS diet, we get a good amount of probiotics in the form of kefir, yogurt, and fermented veggies several times throughout the day. For a time we were taking commercial probiotics but recently stopped (trying to save some money after having been doing commercial probiotics for the whole family for almost a year).

Do you think the low-carb nature of our diet is causing the counts to be low? Since I didn't have any pathogenic bacteria show up, we've added back some starches (like potatoes). We still struggle to get over 75 - 100 grams per day, because our meals no longer are starch-centered. Not sure if you have any other thoughts on that...

2) low Short Chain Fatty Acids

The guide says to get some prebiotics, and more fiber in the form of fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains.
Same here... we don't have any grains on the GAPS diet at all. We do eat a good amount of veggies and some fruit every day.

More on Nutreval later, probably tomorrow. If I forget, give me a shout. You can tag me like this @caledonia and I'll get an alert.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, again! I'll wait for your reply. :thumbsup:

Hi @caledonia,

We are at a point where we will transition off of GAPS, so hopefully this will correct itself.

More on Nutreval later, probably tomorrow. If I forget, give me a shout. You can tag me like this @
caledonia and I'll get an alert.
[/QUOTE]

I'm only reminding you about the NutrEval test because I couldn't figure it out and because you said to tag you. :)

caledonia

Hi @caledonia,

We are at a point where we will transition off of GAPS, so hopefully this will correct itself.

I'm only reminding you about the NutrEval test because I couldn't figure it out and because you said to tag you. :)[/quote]

Check your inbox for a Conversation. I uploaded some files for you there. There should be a red alert flag at the top right of the page.