• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe Muscle Tension/Cramping all over the body including face/ eyes

DeGenesis

See post 15

Interesting, alpha 7 nicotinic receptors aren't expressed in muscle as far as I can find, but if the cause of the muscle tension is ME, targeting receptors expressed in the brain seems like a smart idea.

Nicotine causes me to tense up, but it's dirty as heck and activates nicotinic receptors in muscle.

lansbergen

@Avengers26 @lansbergen Do either of you have any other symptoms when you get the spasming, like dry mouth, chest pain, lightheadedness (to the extreme of feeling like losing consciousness), balance issues, tachycardia ?

Thanks JAH

LIghtheadness I had only when I stood up to fast but not to the degree you say and I had the feeling I had a waterhat, The degree you say I had a few weeks ago but that was only once. It was strange. I was sitting and only moved my balance to relieve the pain in my upper leg and pelvis area as I do automatic now. and the pain was not even bad enough to take a painkiller.

The rest I always had during flareups and when I was at my worst the flare did not stop, it went on and on and on.. I think the chestpain was caused by inflammed intercostal muscles and the nerves that serve them. My heart was racing like mad and stopped a few times only to fill up (I could feel that) and start beating again. My lower lung lobs did not work and the upper lobs only barely worked.

JAH

LIghtheadness I had only when I stood up to fast but not to the degree you say and I had the feeling I had a waterhat, The degree you say I had a few weeks ago but that was only once. It was strange. I was sitting and only moved my balance to relieve the pain in my upper leg and pelvis area as I do automatic now. and the pain was not even bad enough to take a painkiller.

The rest I always had during flareups and when I was at my worst the flare did not stop, it went on and on and on.. I think the chestpain was caused by inflammed intercostal muscles and the nerves that serve them. My heart was racing like mad and stopped a few times only to fill up (I could feel that) and start beating again. My lower lung lobs did not work and the upper lobs only barely worked.
Thanks. I don't know if you would call your flare ups as " attacks" but for me I can get acute spasming, all over my body, along with many other symptoms. Scary.

lansbergen

Thanks. I don't know if you would call your flare ups as " attacks" but for me I can get acute spasming, all over my body, along with many other symptoms. Scary.

In my opion my flareups are the cell danger response to reactivation of the infection I suspect. I think that can be called an attack. I need the flareups to lower the "viral load" They are still fighting over the nature of the beast but it is clear it is smaller than known virusses. After following the liturature for almost 30 years I have concluded the misfolded protein is part of the disease proces but I doubt it is the infectious agent. .