• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Had a really horrible year - do SNP's show why?

Hi there @caledonia, @Valentijn, @Sea, @Critterina and any others who can help with SNP readings!
I am new here and desperately trying to understand why I am so sick - intolerant to almost all foods and supplements, unable to sleep, constipated, head buzzing, joints hurting etc. I had two bad bacterial infections a year ago and I have been struggling ever since (although I had other major problems before the infections with Ulcerative Colitis, hormonal problems etc)
I was hoping that doing a gene test may help me but now I am not sure what to do next!
Do any of my results show what could be causing a problem? I wondered if I was methylating correctly but I am not sure which of my results shows me that and what to do about it!?
Can anyone give me any ideas or help point me in the right direction?
I am also not sure why there seem to be genes that have "no call" - have I not got any of them?!
Thank you so much for your help and time - I really do appreciate it!
Nicky

Methylation Analysis Results

COMT V158Mrs4680AG+/-
COMT H62Hrs4633CT+/-
COMT P199Prs769224GG-/-
VDR Bsmrs1544410CT+/-
VDR Taqrs731236AG+/-
MAO-A R297Rrs6323GG-/-
ACAT1-02rs3741049AG+/-
MTHFR C677Trs1801133AG+/-
MTHFR 03 P39Prs2066470GG-/-
MTHFR A1298Crs1801131TT-/-
MTR A2756Grs1805087AG+/-
MTRR A66Grs1801394AA-/-
MTRR H595Yrs10380__no call
MTRR K350Ars162036AG+/-
MTRR R415Trs2287780__no call
MTRR A664Ars1802059GG-/-
BHMT-02rs567754CT+/-
BHMT-04rs617219__no call
BHMT-08rs651852CT+/-
AHCY-01rs819147TT-/-
AHCY-02rs819134__no call
AHCY-19rs819171TT-/-
CBS C699Trs234706AG+/-
CBS A360Ars1801181AG+/-
CBS N212Nrs2298758__no call
SHMT1 C1420Trs1979277__no call

Detox results with any change in gene
CYP1B1 L432Vrs1056836GG+/+

CYP1B1 R48Grs10012CG+/-
CYP2D6 S486Trs1135840CG+/-

CYP2D6 2850C>Trs16947AG+/-
GSTP1 I105Vrs1695AG+/-

caledonia

Hi there @caledonia, @Valentijn, @Sea, @Critterina and any others who can help with SNP readings!
I am new here and desperately trying to understand why I am so sick - intolerant to almost all foods and supplements, unable to sleep, constipated, head buzzing, joints hurting etc. I had two bad bacterial infections a year ago and I have been struggling ever since (although I had other major problems before the infections with Ulcerative Colitis, hormonal problems etc)
I was hoping that doing a gene test may help me but now I am not sure what to do next!
Do any of my results show what could be causing a problem? I wondered if I was methylating correctly but I am not sure which of my results shows me that and what to do about it!?
Can anyone give me any ideas or help point me in the right direction?
I am also not sure why there seem to be genes that have "no call" - have I not got any of them?!
Thank you so much for your help and time - I really do appreciate it!
Nicky

Hi Nicky,
Sorry I didn't see your alert. You have at least one gene that can make gut problems worse. Plus mutations for folate, B12 and glutathione. So there are plenty of reasons (genetically) why you might be sick.

The genes are just potentials however, so it's best to pair it with functional testing such as the Nutreval Test to get a complete picture. In your case, I would just go ahead and start off with a stool test, as you're having obvious gut problems and the gut is always the first place to start.

I'm going to be posting a SNPs Interpretation Guide in the next few days, so be on the lookout for that.

Hi - thank you so much for replying.
I have had a stool test which showed that I did not have much good bacteria in my intestines and no bifidus was able to be cultured - so I have been supplementing highly with probiotics and am now trying prebiotics to help also. I have also been tested for adrenal fatigue and am at stage 2. I am positive I have leaky gut and have horrible gas and constipation and sleep disturbance. I have been on an autoimmune diet for nearly a year now and am slowly trying to introduce new foods - but I can't seem to take any supplements - especially vitamin C and B vitamins - is that something to to do these mutations? I understand a little about methylation - do I need to take a different type of vitamin B? which one?
How accurate do you think the Nutreval test is?
An interpretation guide sounds fantastic! will you post it on this subject board or another?
Desperately seeking answers!
Thank you for your time
Nicola

PS does that mean I should be taking glutathione, B12 and folate? or does it mean I won't convert them properly? I did take some glutathione at one point but didn't think it made any difference. Is there something I can try that will make me feel a little better?!