• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

Christopher

@Ifish

So great to hear this. I'm happy you are doing well. I myself have seem pretty amazing results just by being out of my toxic house. I've talked to my doctor about Brewer's protocol and he sent me in for a CT of my sinuses. We might go forward with it, but I just don't know yet.

I, like you, am better able to plan things at the moment and it's a very nice feeling. I take it very easy, but I can arrange things. I've already got my tickets booked for my friend's wedding in November. I'd be worried of having a die off and not being able to go, but i'll cross that road if I come to it.

Once again, thanks for sharing and answering everyone's questions and keeping us updated on your's and your family's situation.

When you moved, did you throw out everything, or keep possessions?

Yes that makes sense about the mast cells and I do believe I have a problem with hyperactivity. I am on Azelastine spray now . I am not sure if the Amph B affects me too, I will try that on its own without the edta and see if I get a reaction from that too.

Soundthealarm21

When you moved, did you throw out everything, or keep possessions?

A lot of our stuff is being cleaned. It's an insanely thorough process that we're going through with the house. I know that a lot has been thrown out, but things like furniture are being kept. All papers, cloth, and the like are being thrown out. Carpeting being completely redone, etc.

I am moving and throwing out all soft furnishings - beds, sofa , wall hangings etc etc , many clothes. I am having cleaned all non porous items so hope to be able to keep the computers etc. All paper work is going into containers as I can't throw it away - business documents etc- will photocopy at another time. Hope this all works!

Yes I like the idea of hydrogen peroxide much more - seems like it would be easier on the lungs for one thing- although masks will be worn during the cleaning process.

Christopher

I am moving and throwing out all soft furnishings - beds, sofa , wall hangings etc etc , many clothes. I am having cleaned all non porous items so hope to be able to keep the computers etc. All paper work is going into containers as I can't throw it away - business documents etc- will photocopy at another time. Hope this all works!

Detts I am finding that electronics are very bad with this sort of thing. I recommend starting without them if you can and then adding in later.

Skiii

Thanks, Ifish. I am now rinsing before treatment (in am) with nasopure packet and xylitol. This seems to help. But, I am getting brain inflammation with some treatments. I am wondering if you have heard of others having this issue? I have it with sinus flares anyway and I think there is a mast cell component to this so will try nasalcrom spray and see if it helps. This inflammation started back years ago while being exposed. My sinuses flare up with a non-stuffy inflammation and this inflammation seems to travel up to frontal lobe of brain. Clearing my sinuses can help. I am taking mucinex twice daily.. maybe I need to irrigate with baby shampoo to get this stuff out.

I haven't done the amphoB since last Saturday, and I am still dealing the stuffiness/congestion. I haven't been able to breathe out of one side of my nose or the other the majority of the week. Feeling a little desperate for some relief, as sudafed and antihistamines aren't working, and I'm tired of not sleeping well.

Soulfest- what does xylitol do? I'm not sure I could even do a rinse at this point. I will pick up some Nasalcrom a try. I have never tried Nasalcrom before, I'm shocked it's never been recommended to me before. Do you think it would interfere with the protocol? Any other suggestions?

I've read that steroid nasal sprays aren't good but I haven't read and explanation as to why.
I don't know anything about mast cells. I've had environmental allergies my whole life though.

Last edited:
I haven't done the amphoB since last Saturday, and I am still dealing the stuffiness/congestion. I haven't been able to breathe out of one side of my nose or the other the majority of the week. Feeling a little desperate for some relief, as sudafed and antihistamines aren't working, and I'm tired of not sleeping well.

Soulfest- what does xylitol do? I'm not sure I could even do a rinse at this point. I will pick up some Nasalcrom a try. I have never tried Nasalcrom before, I'm shocked it's never been recommended to me before. Do you think it would interfere with the protocol? Any other suggestions?

I've read that steroid nasal sprays aren't good but I haven't read and explanation as to why.
I don't know anything about mast cells. I've had environmental allergies my whole life though.

My understanding about steroid nasal sprays is that they will feed any fungal infections in your nose so not good because of this.

Skiii

Yeah I wonder. The pharmacist at ASL said it's fine to do a steroid spray, and then it was mentioned in that article.

The Nasalcrom and getting some real sudafed from behind the pharmacy counter seemed to help quite a bit.

Both the pharmacist and my doctor said it was actually a very positive sign that I reacted like that, we're on the right track. And I have had acute neck/shoulder pain this week for the first time since going on CSM, indicating there's definitely more mycotoxins floating around in me. My doctor is actually meeting with Dr. Nathan today and is going to discuss whether to just do a much smaller dosage of amphoB or switch to Nystatin. I'll keep you posted.

I'd be very interested in hearing about the nystatin if they put you on that. Were you able to tolerate the edta ? I can't use it at all now.

Forebearance

I can't believe it. I tested negative on the RTL urine mycotoxin test, twice!
So now what do I do? I am left wondering if I'm not detoxing much at all, or if I don't have an internal source of toxins. ARGH!!!

I would really like to get a NasaTouch machine and try putting natural stuff in it that I squirt up my nose already, like xylitol and colloidal silver, but the ASL pharmacy will only sell it with a prescription.

cigana

I can't believe it. I tested negative on the RTL urine mycotoxin test, twice!
So now what do I do? I am left wondering if I'm not detoxing much at all, or if I don't have an internal source of toxins. ARGH!!!

I would really like to get a NasaTouch machine and try putting natural stuff in it that I squirt up my nose already, like xylitol and colloidal silver, but the ASL pharmacy will only sell it with a prescription.
What about using a diffuser?