• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breast Size and compound Heterozygous MTHFR Relation ??

Hi all,

My wife has low confidence because of this low breast size.She also has pale skin. Tired after working for short hours. Of recently, just 2 weeks ago doctor said her RBC count has decreased.I came to know that it was folate deficiency symptoms not from doctor but right on this forum.I hope its truth.

Is there any relation between this breast size and folate deficiency? any hormone connection?

I am worried as to whether this MTHFR is expressed in her or not before going on for the treatment.I dont know how to conform that?

Regards of Kishore

Freddd

Hi all,

My wife has low confidence because of this low breast size.She also has pale skin. Tired after working for short hours. Of recently, just 2 weeks ago doctor said her RBC count has decreased.I came to know that it was folate deficiency symptoms not from doctor but right on this forum.I hope its truth.

Is there any relation between this breast size and folate deficiency? any hormone connection?

I am worried as to whether this MTHFR is expressed in her or not before going on for the treatment.I dont know how to conform that?

Regards of Kishore

Hi Kishore,

Low MeCbl/AdoCbl/methylfolate/LCF certainly can lower hormone levels. However, their lack usually increases MCV and MCH. I don't know of any effect on RBC. How old is your wife. Usually breasts are fully grown by the early 20s or before. The hormone changes of pregnancy and nursing increases breast size temporarily.

You need to look at the symptoms lists by nutrients. If she has a bunch of symptoms in at least the folate section and the partial folate sections then maybe it is a factor. If she doesn't have decent percentage of the usual symptoms she probably doesn't have a folate problem. I've never heard of that symptom for low folate. I would investigate what the causes of low RBC might be. There are several causes for anemia. There could be several possible causes for RBC. I doubt breast size is in any way related. Good luck.

Critterina

Many women experience significant breast growth in their mid-thirties, without pregnancy or weight gain. There are several SNPs related to breast size and density, but not MTHFR.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Hi all,

My wife has low confidence because of this low breast size.

Breast size is genetic, but it is not typically considered pathological.

A padded bra can help clothes fit better (they are typically not designed for very small busted women), which may help with the confidence. If she is unable to shop for clothes by herself, then you might help her or enlist a suitable friend or relative to help her get some things she likes and that are comfortable. If you go into a store that staffs the sales floor with sales clerks, they may be able to advise you about what brands will fit her better (which will cut down on the work involved).

You as her partner assuring her that you find her attractive can help with the confidence. Do let her know that you appreciate her character and skills/knowledge/wisdom, as well as her appearance.

Anemia and B-12-deficiency anemias can be treated or managed, although if there is nerve damage it may take a long time for that to improve. Best wishes.