• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to raise cortisol levels?

acrosstheveil

I've been trying for about a year now to get my cortisol levels up. I have severe adrenal fatigue. I've tried pantotheinic acid, pantethine, vitamin c, adrenal glandulars, adaptogens, and methylation protocol but I am just constantly exhausted. My doctor is not willing to prescribe steroids so I'm not sure how I should go about raising my cortisol levels. Any advice?

Waverunner

I've been trying for about a year now to get my cortisol levels up. I have severe adrenal fatigue. I've tried pantotheinic acid, pantethine, vitamin c, adrenal glandulars, adaptogens, and methylation protocol but I am just constantly exhausted. My doctor is not willing to prescribe steroids so I'm not sure how I should go about raising my cortisol levels. Any advice?

The easiest way is to get up at 6 to 7 am and put yourself under a little stress, take a cold shower and drink some coffee but this might be hard for some PWCs. This will increase your adrenal output to a pretty high degree.

Helen

Is your too low cortisol level confirmed with a saliva cortisol test?

acrosstheveil

no, it hasn't. i've tried pregnenlone but it doesn't seem to do much. Maybe 30mg isn't a high enough dosage?