• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

L-Methionine Supplementation

acrosstheveil

I have heard from various sources that taking l-methionine with TMG can be used to make SAM-E. I have been having tinnitus and other mast cell activation symptoms for a while even with plenty of methyl donors. I do not eat many foods that would contain l-methionine so I am thinking it may be keeping me from progressing. What has your experience been with L-Methionine supplementation?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have heard from various sources that taking l-methionine with TMG can be used to make SAM-E. I have been having tinnitus and other mast cell activation symptoms for a while even with plenty of methyl donors. I do not eat many foods that would contain l-methionine so I am thinking it may be keeping me from progressing. What has your experience been with L-Methionine supplementation?

You might try a google site search as there are a number of threads about experiences with l-methionine.

Sushi