• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prayer Tree for July 2014

SeaShell

@Gingergrrl43 I can't update the list above since each post is allowed just one edit. I wish we had unlimited or several updates, then I could keep adding names to the list.

Would it help to have a new post at regular intervals with the latest list of names? I'd be happy to do it if it will make it easier for all to track the names here.

I know you and Rosie26 are checking this thread regularly and I am sure that the others who signed up are doing the same.

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl43 I can't update the list above since each post is allowed just one edit. I wish we had unlimited or several updates, then I could keep adding names to the list.

Would it help to have a new post at regular intervals with the latest list of names? I'd be happy to do it if it will make it easier for all to track the names here.

I know you and Rosie26 are checking this thread regularly and I am sure that the others who signed up are doing the same.

@SeaShell I think it is a good idea to maybe update the post once a week but I always scroll through the whole thing to see who has been added.

SeaShell

I think there is a time limit, perhaps of one week.
Willow, I guess you must be right. I've just updated and the Edit feature is still on. The last time, it was a week.

This is not related to this thread, and is a technical issue, but I had some ideas on "mini-wikis" however, for that to work it would need an update feature not limited by time.

SeaShell

ME Cure Angels (Branches)

[Those who are working/helping to find a cure (causes, treatments, solutions, remedies.......) for ME through
Research, Medical (mainstream and alternative), Self-tests, Funding, Advocacy, other Areas....]

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I don't think we should mention patients publicly unless they specifically ask, here or elsewhere (I know Hanna asked on another thread, but I saw a name that might not have?). That could be intrusive.

rosie26

@WillowJ I understand what you are saying. I did speak to the two people that I added to the Prayer Tree. I would have removed their names immediately if they were not comfortable with it. They appreciated it very much that I had thought of them. But perhaps you are right and we should leave it to people to add their own names.

Last edited:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Although I am not a Christian, I was extremely touched to have been included in the prayer tree without putting myself forwards. it showed me that there are people out there who care about me and are thinking of me - it kept me going through a very dark time...

Gingergrrl

@WillowJ and @rosie26 I did add someone to the prayer tree without asking her first and debated at the time if it was the right thing to do. In the future, I will ask the person (privately of course!) if they would like to be added and definitely do not want to do something that could feel intrusive to someone.

For me, the tree image is very healing and is separate from any specific religion or denomination. I pray for everyone on this thread to find healing and feel better and appreciate so much that others are also doing it for me. My parents, in-laws, best friend and her mom told me that they all pray for me every night before they go to bed and it meant so much to me, like what @justy said, and helps me when I am going through a dark time. They are of all different religions and for me, the more the merrier!

But I definitely do not want to upset anyone by adding their name without permission and will keep this in mind for the future. Thank you for pointing it out (for me and all of us.)

SeaShell

This Prayer Tree was begun with the intention of a way to reach out to others in need. It has no specific religious leanings. I have endeavoured to keep it as open as possible, to whoever has the need. The prayers are for courage and healing and hope and strength for everyone (individuals or groups) on this tree, and for those passing through, as well. They can be offered as a general wish (atheist, agnostic, non-religious), or they can be made to a higher power out there, or to a specific God (believer, religious).... it is up to the person offering the good wish/prayer.

For those who join the Prayer Tree as roots, I hope we do not feel reluctant to pray for someone in need. If we care enough for someone to realise that they have a need and offer up the request to the group here, then hopefully, it will be seen in the spirit in which it was offered. At the same time, we have no wish to offend anyone, even unintentionally.

Trying to look at it from both sides, I can see there may be a privacy issue. One way around that may be - as already suggested in the other posts here - to privately check with the person if their name can be added to the Prayer Tree list. If it is not possible to check with the person or the person does not want their name mentioned, we could add the name as “friend” or use some other pseudonym.

Gingergrrl

This Prayer Tree was begun with the intention of a way to reach out to others in need. It has no specific religious leanings. I have endeavoured to keep it as open as possible, to whoever has the need. The prayers are for courage and healing and hope and strength for everyone (individuals or groups) on this tree, and for those passing through, as well. They can be offered as a general wish (atheist, agnostic, non-religious), or they can be made to a higher power out there, or to a specific God (believer, religious).... it is up to the person offering the good wish/prayer.

For those who join the Prayer Tree as roots, I hope we do not feel reluctant to pray for someone in need. If we care enough for someone to realise that they have a need and offer up the request to the group here, then hopefully, it will be seen in the spirit in which it was offered. At the same time, we have no wish to offend anyone, even unintentionally.

Trying to look at it from both sides, I can see there may be a privacy issue. One way around that may be - as already suggested in the other posts here - to privately check with the person if their name can be added to the Prayer Tree list. If it is not possible to check with the person or the person does not want their name mentioned, we could add the name as “friend” or use some other pseudonym.

@SeaShell Sorry for my delayed response to your post. I love that you started the prayer tree and I am hoping that we will keep it up in August and on-going. I see both sides- wanting to pray for someone in need but also wanting to be respectful of their privacy and wishes (in case this is not something they want.) I like your idea of using the word "friend" unless we have checked with the person or they have added their name themselves. But we should definitely keep the prayer tree going...

SeaShell

@rosie26 @WillowJ @Gingergrrl43 @GracieJ @PNR2008 @brenda

Hello All,
It would have been easier to set this Prayer Tree without a specific time range. However, for most of us who travel through the PR site, it is difficult to make long-term commitments because of our health condition. This means that the tree could over time just drift along and fade off. So I felt it would be better to take it from one month to the next, starting anew each time, and continue for as long as we can keep it going.

When I am lying crashed out in bed, feeling sorry for myself (all those dark times mentioned in posts here), it helps me to remember that you (the branches of this tree) are in a similar situation, and to pray for you too. And it heals my spirit to know that I am not battling alone, that somewhere out there, you (as roots of this tree) are also praying for me.

I feel blessed. Thank you.