• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question about Lyme Protocol

Daffodil

Hi all. I have a question about this Lyme protocol I am about to start.

I have instructions on how to take Samento and later begin Banderol...but the instructions for Cumanada are separate.

Am I supposed to start the Cumanada at the same time as the Samento, or add it later on?

Thanks a lot

xrunner

Hi @Daffodil, If you start Samento gradually, I'd wait at least until you reach your target dosage or later, before you start any other herb. Reactions to herbs tend to vary from person to person and if you start with two or more at the same time, then you have an adverse reaction you don't know which one caused it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Daffodil

Cumanda, according to the handout you probably have, is for co-infections, not Borrelia. Do you have co-infections?

Sushi

Daffodil

@Daffodil

Cumanda, according to the handout you probably have, is for co-infections, not Borrelia. Do you have co-infections?

Sushi

hi sushi. my IgG to bartonella was a little elevated so the doc thinks i probably have that. also, cuz of my night sweats and low grade fevers, my doc thinks i need a babesia test. i will send blood for that on tuesday.

i actually had a couple of low grade fevers when i spoke to the doctor, but now i am not sure i should have reported it because i dont have them often anymore.

it didnt register that cumanada is for co-infections, even though i read it. very little registers due to fog (i typed "gof" about 3 times ugh)

Sushi

hi sushi. my IgG to bartonella was a little elevated so the doc thinks i probably have that. also, cuz of my night sweats and low grade fevers, my doc thinks i need a babesia test. i will send blood for that on tuesday.

i actually had a couple of low grade fevers when i spoke to the doctor, but now i am not sure i should have reported it because i dont have them often anymore.

it didnt register that cumanada is for co-infections, even though i read it. very little registers due to fog (i typed "gof" about 3 times ugh)

The Babesia FISH test is probably the one you want.

In any case, Cumanda is hard for me. I can only tolerate about 1/4 of drop, so if I were you, I'd wait until you are established on Samento--which can be hard too.

Sushi

Daffodil

hi sushi. thanks for letting me know. the FISH test is the one he recommended.

maybe i should wait also until the babesia test results return...
xoxo

Sushi

hi sushi. thanks for letting me know. the FISH test is the one he recommended.

maybe i should wait also until the babesia test results return...
xoxo

For the FISH test, "I think" that you have to use an Igenex kit--or so I've been told.

Sushi