• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Lerner or Levine

I hope this is not too redundant as I know there are several posts on these doctors but I live abroad and have decided to visit the US and due in part to logistics have decided on one of these two and am trying to decide which would be best. Previous testing has shown that I do have active viral infections (not sure which specifically and no longer have the test results) so I am thinking Dr. Lerners anti-viral may be the way to go but have heard mixed reviews on bedside manner and one-way approach.

It seems that Dr Levine is broader but does anyone know if she also follow Dr. Lerners anti-viral protocal which I would like to try but also in addition to other potential treatments . e.g. antibotics, anti-immflammatories etc. hormones etc I don't want to limit to only anti-virals necessarily.

Thanks in advance!

SOC

I hope this is not too redundant as I know there are several posts on these doctors but I live abroad and have decided to visit the US and due in part to logistics have decided on one of these two and am trying to decide which would be best. Previous testing has shown that I do have active viral infections (not sure which specifically and no longer have the test results) so I am thinking Dr. Lerners anti-viral may be the way to go but have heard mixed reviews on bedside manner and one-way approach.

It seems that Dr Levine is broader but does anyone know if she also follow Dr. Lerners anti-viral protocal which I would like to try but also in addition to other potential treatments . e.g. antibotics, anti-immflammatories etc. hormones etc I don't want to limit to only anti-virals necessarily.

Thanks in advance!
If you live abroad, Dr Lerner is likely not an option. He won't prescribe antivirals unless you come to see him in person every 4-6 weeks.

The doctors at OMI use antivirals, as do the doctors at INIM.