• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long term MeCbl brand (Country Life Methyl B12) trial results

Freddd

I have had a rough time these past few months. I hope you all have been better than I've been the past few months. I am going through MeCbl neurological startup all over again after the long term test on Country Life Methyl B12. I was unable to assess it qualitatively. It seemed good but I was unable to get enough to absorb to keep my CNS b12 levels high enough and I basically went into the return of FMS. It just plain dissolved too fast. I succeeded a few times in getting high enough levels but mostly I did not succeed at that. Mood went back to the same old otherwise lifelong depression and body dragging fatigue, feet got more numb, personality and mood shifts, morning "run over by truck feeling", muscle pains etc all worsening by the day.

When I returned to injections of 10mg 3x per day it was back into startup and edge of control potassium need and all the rest. I'm beginning to feel better. The spring was a write-off as I was back in zombieville.

I worked out a method of putting a tiny pinch of ground up tablets along my gum each 5 to 10 minutes. In 3 hours I did get enough once or twice. However, I can't spend 3 hours 3 times a day taking b12 that way. Also, the indigestible sweetener in it gave me horrid gas.

There is no doubt at all in my mind that FMS is directly caused by low levels of MeCbl in the CSF and CNS, that the body can have a completely adequate supply of MeCbl and the brain is starving for it.

In addition a friend of mine started having FMS symptoms about 5 years post physical trauma, as I and many others started. She had some neurological damage in that vehicle crash. All that started getting worse. While she had previously had occasional b12 injections with minor effect, this time when she had a 10 mg injection daily her neuropathic pain, paresthesias, morning "run over by truck" and depression all started going away, and is still in progress. However, her need for potassium was unchanged. The FMS onset that had been building for a year or more is diminishing steadily now. She had also been trialing the Country Life Methyl B12.

These things snuck up on both of us and finally it was bad enough we both noticed it. I couldn't understand why I was having brainfog again.

BE IN GOOD HEALTH.

skwag

Freddd,

Do you give Country life a 5 star rating? Or do you think it may not be as good as enzy?

Nice to see you posting again!

Freddd

Freddd,

Do you give Country life a 5 star rating? Or do you think it may not be as good as enzy?

Nice to see you posting again!

I really don't know. I couldn't get enough absorbed on a 3 times a day basis to see if it was qualitatively good enough. It's the same problem I have with all the quick dissolving tablets, "dots" and liquids and so don't generally test them. I was very hopeful.

skwag

I really don't know. I couldn't get enough absorbed on a 3 times a day basis to see if it was qualitatively good enough. It's the same problem I have with all the quick dissolving tablets, "dots" and liquids and so don't generally test them. I was very hopeful.

Understood. I use enzy during the day and the country life right before bed. I wake up with a white ( b12 depleted) goo still in my upper lip, so it lasts quite a while. The only downside is that there are red stains on the pillow case from time to time. Can't get it to last very long while awake though.