• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Post your NutrEval Krebs Cycle Results...

caledonia

I am also SOD2 +/+ on at least a couple of SODs. Still tryig to find Rs#'s for a couple of SOD1's with no luch so far. I would like to understand more about the SOD2 impact. For instance for much of my life I worked through my physical issues but the last 5-6 years I just seemed to not be able to recover. Has your research implicated SOD2 and is the a way to support that polymorphism?

There was a great thread on here about SOD2. There was a member who got significant energy from taking Biotec Extra Energy Enzymes, as in being able to get out of bed. I don't understand the mechanism yet; haven't gotten that far in my research. It's on my list of stuff to try after I get a good handle on methylation.

For now, I'm viewing SOD2 as "icing on the cake", not the the main thing causing fatigue, as 99% of the people on here have MTHFR, and far fewer have SOD mutations. But I believe it would explain for me why back when I was normal, why I never had quite the energy of other people, needed more sleep than others, etc.

But getting somebody out of bed is a lot more than "icing", so you never know.

dannybex

My naturopath had me tested and had me doing chelation while I still had mercury fillings. I was doing a "kitchen sink" supplement called Chelex. I used like 1/8 of a pill twice a week and then eventually worked up to a whole pill I think, but still twice a week. I did this for 6 months.

Wow. And you survived! :)

Did you notice any worsening during those six months? And if I may ask, how many fillings did you have?

caledonia

Wow. And you survived! :)

Did you notice any worsening during those six months? And if I may ask, how many fillings did you have?

I know, I'm surprised I was able to tolerate it all, knowing what I know now about the shape of my methylation cycle.

I don't remember feeling worse, other than if I got the dose too high. Then I would feel flu like aches and extra tired. So I just cut back until I felt ok. I think I had 6 fillings at that time. Most of them on the small side.

gregh286

Hi guys,
hope someone can help me with krebs cycle.(attached to post)
just got results last week. On/off fatigue last 12 months,
I get intermittent fatigue, with good respites of 7-10 days, so my system is "on the fence",
This looks about right with my krebs cycle as most acids, etc are right on the low border, succinic acid is non-existant.

I would really really appreciate any comments or advice to improve my cycle and stabilise my energy with supplement.
The lactic acid is really low @ 2.0, but i eat much meat, I would have expected this protein score to be higher.

Thanks guys
Greg

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    304.3 KB · Views: 38

dannybex

View attachment 5021

...and maybe we can figure these out together?

What I don't understand (among many other things) is my a-ketoglutaric acid is basically normal, but the things that precede it are low.

After that, succinic acid drops big time, so I guess that means I need more of the co-factors...and then things drop even lower with basically no malice acid.

No wonder I can hardly walk.

A year and a half later, I think I finally figured out another piece of the puzzle.

I've long suspected that I had and still have a huge issue with salicylates/phenols. Every time I try to eat like a 'normal person', I'll experience much, much worse symptoms in the following days.

And sure enough, what else (besides heavy metals, lack of cofactors) causes an inhbition at a-ketoglutaric acid?Salicylates.

Several studies note this, but here's a simple chart showing it:http://www.derangedphysiology.com/p...idosis/lactic-acidosis-due-to-salycylates.php

And here's one study that mentions sals and kreb's cycle inhibition:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2651525/"It is shown that inhibition in succinate dehydrogenase and α-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase by salicylate contributes substantially to the cumulative inhibition of the Krebs cycle by salicylates."

And as Caledonia says above, and Rich Van K told me years ago, that if this is blocked, then that means that the branched-chain amino acids will not be fed into the krebs cycle, so if the inhibition is strong enough, then one ends up using one's own muscle for "fuel". One's muscle will be catabolized resulting in significant muscle loss, which is exactly what has happened in my case, especially in my lower legs and feet. When I can walk, I feel like I'm walking on glass, as I've lost so much muscle.

Hoping it's not too late to turn this around.

caledonia

h dannybex,
My krebs is similar to yours. How do you propose to address the problems.
Thanks.

Hi greg,
If you want Dannybex to get an alert, then put an "at sign" in front of his name. So like this @dannybex .

I also had a drop at succinic acid and was doing vitamin E succinate (Dry E) to support it for awhile. If you can determine that salicylates are a problem, then you would want to avoid those.

Then, of course, supplement with any co-factors. The metals will automatically be detoxed via killing off any bad gut bugs, and doing methylation treatment.

As I've proceeded further with methylation, I no longer need to supplement with the vitamin E (as determined by muscle testing). I have all my mercury out, but am still detoxing lead and several other minor metals.

caledonia

Hi guys,
hope someone can help me with krebs cycle.(attached to post)
just got results last week. On/off fatigue last 12 months,
I get intermittent fatigue, with good respites of 7-10 days, so my system is "on the fence",
This looks about right with my krebs cycle as most acids, etc are right on the low border, succinic acid is non-existant.

I would really really appreciate any comments or advice to improve my cycle and stabilise my energy with supplement.
The lactic acid is really low @ 2.0, but i eat much meat, I would have expected this protein score to be higher.

Thanks guys
Greg

If you haven't already done so, you can interpret your results with the Nutreval Interpretation Guide in my signature links below. Use the tally sheet at the end to summarize what supplements to take, what metals need to be detoxed, if you need to work further on your gut and so on.

dannybex

h dannybex,
My krebs is similar to yours. How do you propose to address the problems.
Thanks.
Hi Greg,

I'm quite sure yet, but am looking into several options -- will post more as soon as I have a coherent (or at least semi-coherent!) plan. It's very complicated, and an 'expert' told me the other day that once one has a salicylate intolerance, then they have it for life (like lactose intolerance) -- but I'm not sure if that's true.

Wow -- just took a look at your krebs cycle, and man, it's almost identical to mine. You're fortunate to be figuring this out so early, compared to most of the rest of us. Where's a time machine when you need one??

Thanks @caledonia for your input -- very much appreciated. :)