• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Infectolab Results - Can Anybody Help with German

bertiedog

I have just got through my results from Infectolab but they are in German. Can anybody help me understand them. I can already see some problems which I didn't want to see. I have taken a screen shot and hope it comes out ok.

Thank you so much for anybody who can help. Looks like I am going to have to come and see Dr DeMeirleir because I don't know anybody in the UK who can help.

Pam

Attachments

• Screen Shot Results.png
    Screen Shot Results.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 21

bertiedog

@Valentijn I see what you mean, unfortunately it hasn't come out properly. Perhaps I can type out the ones out of range.

Borrelien Blot IgG p41 - positive
Borrelien burgdoferi Elispot
Borrelia burgd. Vollantigen - +5
Borrelien-OSPA/OSPC/DbpA - +4
Borrelien spezifisch LFA-1 - +3
(All those should be less than 2)
It says -
Befundung Borrelien In den untersuchten Borrelien-Antigenen mittels Borrelien-T-Zellen finden sich aktuell in vivo. Borrelien-reaktive T-Lymphozyten.

CD57 Durchflussytometrie
CD57 positive NK-Killerzellen absolute 68 range 130-360
CD57 Bewertung Vorliegender Befund zeigt eine Depression der CD57 + Zellen im Sinne einer chronischen Borrelien-Aktivitat.

Ehlichien Elispot LTT - +2 range <2

Befundung Ehrlichien Mittels T-cell Test finden sich aktuell in grenzwertig Ehrlichia-reaktive T-Lyphozyten

Coxsackie-Virus IgG B1 (IFT) - +1:1000 range <1:100

Everything else was in range apart from a slightly low MCHC.

Hope somebody can translate though some of it is rather obvious unfortunately.

Pam

@bertiedog - Here's the google translate results and my comments:
Diagnosis Borrelia
In the examined Borrelia antigens by Borrelia T cells can currently be found in vivo. Borrelia-reactive T lymphocytes.
You tested definitely positive for Lyme via Elispot LTT. They're saying that you have antigens to Lyme and your lymphocytes are actively reacting to it. It looks like you just tested positive for one IgG band, but that's a test which has a lot of false-negatives. So overall, the results indicate you have an active Lyme infection.
CD57 Durchflussytometrie
CD57 positive NK killer cells absolute range 68 130-360
CD57 Rating Full overlay finding indicates a depression of CD57 + cells in the meaning of chronic Borrelia activity.
So you have low CD57, which is another indication of active Lyme infection.
Coxsackievirus B1 IgG (IFT) - +1:1000 range <1:100
It looks like this one is also possibly an active chronic infection. IgM indicates a new infection, and IgG can just indicate a past infection from which you've recovered. But many doctors think that very high IgG can indicate an ongoing chronic infection.

bertiedog

Thank you so much @Valentijn . It wouldn't work when I tried to use Google and I was getting so frustrated. I wonder if I will now get any help from the NHS? There is a foreign language school just down the road from me where I used to teach Word Processing. I will pop down tomorrow and see if somebody could give me a translation of the whole test so I can give it to my GP.

Pam

I wonder if I will now get any help from the NHS? There is a foreign language school just down the road from me where I used to teach Word Processing. I will pop down tomorrow and see if somebody could give me a translation of the whole test so I can give it to my GP.
You can probably email the lab to request an English version - mine is in English. But the NHS probably won't be any help.

DanME

Hi Pam, I am German, so I am able to help. :)

Borrelia blot IgG p41 - positive
Borrelia burgdorferi Elispot
Borrelia burgd. full antigen - +5
Borrelia-OSPA/OSPC/DbpA - +4
Borrelia-specific LFA-1 - +3

findings Borrelia: within the examined Borrelia-antigens by use of Borrelia-T-cells, there have been findings in vivo. of borrelia-reactive T-lymphocytes.

CD57 flow cytometrie
CD57 postive NK-Killercells absolute 68 (range 130-360)
CD57 the evaluation of the present findings shows a depression of the CD57 + cells as defined by a chronic borrelia-activity.

Ehrlichia Elispot LTT - +2 < 2
findings Ehrlichia: marginal Ehrlichia-reactice T-Lymphocytes have been detected through a T-Cell test

Coxackie-Virus IgB B1 (IFT) - +1:1000 range < 1:100

I ve to say though, that I am by no means a professional translator. But I guess, this translation is good enough. Hope I could help.

brenda

Don't we have any expert doctors in Lyme disease in this country then it seems unbelievable?

Pam

Well you could go private at Breakspear or get funding from the NHS or maybe there is another private doc doing it, I don't know.

bertiedog

I have to say I find it all rather frightening, especially as I am 66 years old and have adrenal insufficiency too plus Hashis. However I am a fighter naturally so don't think I should give up just yet.

Pam

brenda

I am 64 and have mercury and pesticide on top of the things you mentioned. Don't give up.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@bertiedog

They sent me mine in English and you need an official report for your records. They are good with email. They sent me my report (in English) overnight.

As others have said, this is not an equivocal report, it is very positive for an active infection. Good luck with this.

Sushi

bertiedog

Thanks for all your support, it really does help. I think it was around 1997 when I got a strange, inflammatory illness but my GP just said it was a virus. Two weeks previously I had been in the New Forest with my dog and I was always getting bitten and having horrible reactions. Unfortunately there was no internet in those days!

Pam

Doesn't surprise me. I wonder what my options will be then?
You could see KDM in Belgium and get IV or longer-term oral antibiotics if he thinks it's indicated. His clinic does IV antibiotics, and some people rent a place in Brussels for a few months for treatment.

I don't know if it's even remotely possible to get IV antibiotics in England, even with a prescription from a doctor in the EU. But oral antibiotics should be possible while staying in England.